T-Shirt Forums banner

1 - 20 of 24 Posts

·
Registered
98 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
I have tried cleaning the screens with ink remover and the emuslion remover and their is still a ghosting on the screens. some blue and I didn't print with blue. I am using graphic HU emulsion and plastisol inks. Does anyone know if I can use the screens as is or do I have to get something to clean them more? any sugestions would be a great help. thanks for looking if you have none

Attachments

·
Registered
13 Posts
If you hold the screen up to the light and look through the mesh and can see through it/looks translucent then it will work just fine.

·
Registered
532 Posts
haze remover will certainly get rid of it almost immediately.

Meanwhile-the local Dollar Tree here sells a product called (I think) AWESOME-it is a concentgrated cleaner/degreaser.

It works too-but you gotta use the ol scrub brush for a few minutes where the dehazer works a little quicker.

But the screen can certainly be used as is. It does matter a little more on higher mesh counts-but still not a show stopper.

·
Registered
98 Posts
Discussion Starter #6
thanks teamwear. I just love the awesome cleaner- nice to know it will work with this too

·
Registered
125 Posts
Hey I know awesome clean, The 99c store in California never runs out of this stuff. It works great!!!! I will try to use it to clean my screens.

·
Registered
1,022 Posts
Omg! I've said that I get a bunch of stuff at Dollar Tree... I can't believe I missed this! I'm going shopping tomorrow!!!!!!!

Sent from my iPhone using TShirtForums

·
Registered
1,022 Posts
HOLY MOLEY!!! That Awesome cleaner is AWESOME! Its screen wash, ink remover and degreaser in one! woo hoo!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!

·
Registered
1,022 Posts
Omg u can use it to wash the ink and crap off your hands too. And I've even removed ink from a shirt with it. I looooove it. I got 3 of the 64oz refill jugs lol.

Sent from my iPhone using TShirtForums

·
Registered
98 Posts
Discussion Starter #14
that stuff is awesome. It cleans almost anything and is great for those grease spots on the driveway and hard water stains in the house

·
Registered
532 Posts
Just looking back at my old post and suprised to see how many positives responses there were to this stuff.

Yes, I was suprised that it worked too since it is so less expensive than, well everything else.

We started using it when I was out of degreaser-then I noticed it got the ink off of the wood parts of the screen really good.

We not use it for a lot of stuff in the shop.

We had always used it at home-but was really suprised.

I wonder what other short cuts and tricks we are missing?

·
Registered
290 Posts
Haze remover is bleach and Liquid Drano.

My daughter had her chemistry class at the college do a chemical breakdown on it.

I'm definitely open for any shortcuts.

I got paint sticks from my bumper to bumper auto parts store. I got 1000 for $32 with tax.

·
Registered
58 Posts
I have a question for those that use awesome cleaner. Are you diluting it or using it straight out of the spray bottle. I just picked up a bottle to test and there are different mixture ratios on the instructions.

·
Registered
1,928 Posts
Yes it works too i have the rhinotech film and i use the clorox to reclaim it and some are hard to remove when i spray awesome it takes out immediately. Very nice products

1 - 20 of 24 Posts