T-Shirt Forums banner
1 - 4 of 4 Posts

· Registered
48 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 · (Edited)
If I'm not wet capping for a day, then sometimes at the next day 1-2 nozzle points are missing, had to clean a couple of times until normal, not happening when wet capped prior.
But whenever I wet the cap, white will be watery at least for 1-2 prints (I suspect the whites inside the printhead got mixed with cleaning solution and got broken down) and it felt like a waste.

The head is 3 months old now, constant use, no issue aside of the above.

Which one is the most ideal? Is it better to use cleaning solution or just distilled water for wet capping idle printer overnight (not for declogging)?

· Registered
4,597 Posts
But whenever I wet the cap, white will be watery at least for 1-2 prints
Most likely it is because the ink has thickened a bit.

The recommended procedure is:
1. Wet capping at the end of the day.
2. Run a clean cycle before start printing the next day.
3. Flush the white channels once a month. Not easy to do in desktop DTG printers.

I don't use white ink, but still flush all the ink channels one every 2 months, or whenever It feels necessary.
Preventive maintenance saves a lot of headaches.

· Registered
48 Posts
Discussion Starter · #3 ·
I don't use white ink, but still flush all the ink channels one every 2 months, or whenever It feels necessary.
Preventive maintenance saves a lot of headaches.
Sorry for the late reply, thanks for the tip Bob, I flushed the white ink today and noticed the ink inside the dampers are separated badly (half of it is just clear water). Do I need to shake it everyday before production? It's not an automated system. Do I have bad dampers/nozzle?

· Registered
4,597 Posts
I flushed the white ink today and noticed the ink inside the dampers are separated badly (half of it is just clear water)
This should not happen in one day, but it is an known issue with pigment inks, and white ink in particular.
The ink inside the dampers is not circulating, so it will eventually separate.
If your printer is equiped with a circulation system, you can simply remove the separated ink with a syringe, and put it back in the ink tank.

Do I have bad dampers/nozzle?
Probably a partial clog limiting the free flow of ink inside the printhead manifold or the printhead itself.

1 - 4 of 4 Posts