T-Shirt Forums banner
1 - 11 of 11 Posts

· Registered
34 Posts
Only 4 shirts? If that is the case you are lucky you found someone to print them. Setup typically should run you $25 per screen and most shops will not do anything less than 12 pieces. In my opinion $100 bucks is a steal. I have been doing thing for 17 years both manually and with an automatic press and I typically would not touch that job. There is just not really any room to make money without charging a lot of money.

· Registered
10,343 Posts
Thank you. I like that you approached the question as if I was the customer. In sctuality, I'm a newbie printer, just learning it all. The job is for a guy at work. He thinks it's too much.

I would do it in vinyl. Anyway, for you to print these you are about half the price you should be.

Reactions: Lees Custom

· Registered
1,328 Posts
I'm with Binki. If you are set up to do HTV, why don't you do ONE shirt, present it to him without mentioning that it's HTV and get his opinion. Hopefully, it will be a pleasant surprise for him. It's been my experience that a LOT of people are still stuck int he 70s mentally and think that technology is, too.

· Registered
493 Posts
Thank you. I like that you approached the question as if I was the customer. In sctuality, I'm a newbie printer, just learning it all. The job is for a guy at work. He thinks it's too much.
Your in it to make a profit and you need to make enough to cover the cost of making screen, the printing cost (including electricity) and clean-up cost.
Don't work for free, if he doesn't like the price let him go someplace else. There'll always be some goofball working for free, don't be that guy.

· Registered
3,145 Posts
Your in it to make a profit and you need to make enough to cover the cost of making screen, the printing cost (including electricity) and clean-up cost.
Don't work for free, if he doesn't like the price let him go someplace else. There'll always be some goofball working for free, don't be that guy.
If the logo is the same on the front and back I'd do it for about $65. Would be less than an hour of work and my profit would be about $50.

1 - 11 of 11 Posts
This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.