T-Shirt Forums banner

1 - 5 of 5 Posts

·
Registered
24 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
I am wondering if you guys tag your own clothing for retail sales? Not the actual clothing tag, but the retail tag that often has your company logo and where retail outlets usually place the price tag. Do you do this yourself (with the plastic ties)? If so, what equipment do you use to place the tags in the clothing? Also do you place the plastic hanging tags (for accessories such as beanies, gloves, etc) or do retail outlets usually do this themselves?

·
Registered
28 Posts
I am wondering if you guys tag your own clothing for retail sales? Not the actual clothing tag, but the retail tag that often has your company logo and where retail outlets usually place the price tag. Do you do this yourself (with the plastic ties)? If so, what equipment do you use to place the tags in the clothing? Also do you place the plastic hanging tags (for accessories such as beanies, gloves, etc) or do retail outlets usually do this themselves?
You can buy a tagging gun from a business supply store like Staples Business Depot for around $40-$60 CDN and some ties to go with it. Can't remember how much they were, though. It will give you instructions on how to use it. They work great.

·
Registered
93 Posts
Hi

I was thinking about doing this myself. I was going to design my own tags and initially inkjet them on heavy weight gloss (I'm going to test to make sure they don't run) then hole punch with a 3mm hole punch. Or if I do find problems with inkjet get them digitally printed - which shouldn't cost much for a couple of hundred (pretty much the same price as to digital print business cards).

1 - 5 of 5 Posts