T-Shirt Forums banner
1 - 8 of 8 Posts

·
Registered
Graphic Designer | T-shirt Designer |
3 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
A “vintage t-shirt” is a t-shirt that is not new. That leaves a big grey area, but suffice to say they don't mean one year old. Some say 10, we say at least 15 years old. On Defunkd, a t-shirt must be at least 15 years old to be considered vintage.

There are a lot of T-shirts out there in the world, so you want your T-shirt design to be eye-catching and memorable, something that makes someone take a second look. Good T-shirt design should also include exactly the right amount of information — not too much, not too little —and be able to be read or understood at a quick glance. Because the T-shirt will be worn, it should also be flattering and fun.

·
Registered
417 Posts
A “vintage t-shirt” is a t-shirt that is not new. That leaves a big grey area, but suffice to say they don't mean one year old. Some say 10, we say at least 15 years old. On Defunkd, a t-shirt must be at least 15 years old to be considered vintage.
Vintage clothing - Wikipedia
"Vintage" is a colloquialism commonly used to refer to all old styles of clothing. A generally accepted industry standard is that items made between 20 years ago and 100 years ago are considered "vintage" and they clearly reflect the styles and trends of the era they represent.

I'm going 20. I have underwear older than 15

·
Registered
4,175 Posts
Vintage clothing - Wikipedia
"Vintage" is a colloquialism commonly used to refer to all old styles of clothing. A generally accepted industry standard is that items made between 20 years ago and 100 years ago are considered "vintage" and they clearly reflect the styles and trends of the era they represent.

I'm going 20. I have underwear older than 15
Etsy agrees with you, so you may have to wait a few years to sell your underwear ;)

·
Registered
20 Posts
Honestly if you're talking about it from an aesthetic point of view, weather to make a design to have a vintage feel or not is a question of it fits the message of the design. Sometimes it works and sometimes it looks incongruent. I would treat it on a case-by-case basis

·
Registered
3,629 Posts
"Vintage style" and "vintage" are not the same thing and the terms are not limited to T-shirts.

Examples:
Tire Wheel Fuel tank Automotive fuel system Automotive lighting
This Ducati Scrambler is new model but vintage style.
Wheel Tire Automotive parking light Sky Car
This BMW E36 (1995 - 2001) is now a vintage car.

1 - 8 of 8 Posts
This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.