T-Shirt Forums banner

1 - 6 of 6 Posts

·
Registered
12 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Hello...newbie here..:D
Just question,,I think I read somewhere...but did not get the answer...I think.
Do you leave WIMS system on 24/7?
it won't wear out the motor or something in there...?
If not how often do you turn it on?

What is pressurized CMYK ink system does ?
I mean how does it works?:confused:
Can we install on Kiosk II machines?..off course done by technician in Australia.

·
Registered
371 Posts
Hi Austin,

The new WIMS systems will ahve the AOD modification, this means it will go into rest mode when you are not using the machine.

The presurised CMYK system cannot be adapted to the older Kiosks

give me a call and I will explain more

Regards
Jerry
DTG Digital

·
Registered
12 Posts
Discussion Starter #3
Hello..

Jerry,,,Finally I received Kiosk today...
I had whole day training...with Adrian...it was fine..
He did showed daily maintenance and how things work..
It was lot of informations,,,I hope I can remember when the time comes...
Adrian told me leave WIMS on 24/7 is that right?
At the moment, it (motor) is doing its work and every 3 min,,,the agitator(?) turns/stir it...
So...back to the question,,,
Even if you turn the machine off "POWER" switch...off...WIMS still turns and makes noise.
I am not sure by doing that it will last even months...

Also. do you need to wear mask when you spray pre treatment? Adrian told it is harmful...what kind of mask should I use?
Does pre treatment melts in water? washing hands and showering will dissolve it?

·
Registered
371 Posts
Hi Austin,

Great to hear that the machine has been installed, stay on top of the maintenance, dont get lazy with it.

Give me a call and i will answer your questions

Cheers
Jerry
DTG Digital

·
Registered
15 Posts
Hi!

Welcome to the Kiosk family! There are alot of good topics here that will help you. (I learned alot here!)

Everything from pre-treatment techniques, maintenance items to keep on hand, to software tips.

But most importantly, do the maintenance as suggested. It will help you understand more about how the printer works and why it needs to be done.

Lastly, practice printing. Learn the different graphic types (raster and vector). Customers will submit a variety of artwork and the more knowledgeable you are about the input you can predict a better output

Have fun!

Manny

1 - 6 of 6 Posts