T-Shirt Forums banner
1 - 14 of 14 Posts

· Registered
83 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
We are just about to start up a screen printing business, and I am wondering how you generally package the shirts for the customer. Is each shirt individually folded? Are they folded in groups of 12? What do you do if you have an order for 1000 shirts? Is each size in a separate plastic bag? Each shirt in a bag? Or can they be folded together in size groups and placed in the box without plastic bags?

· Registered
7 Posts
Folding is pretty good if you use the method above. I use it for laundry at home. I've seen folks fold it one more time so the tag shows and put a rubber band around it to keep it together I guess. Depending on the size of the box you could mix sizes, but try to keep them separate in a logical manner. Label the outside of the box as well so the customer isn't looking around for what they need or think stuff is missing. They should appreciate that especially with multiple boxes and it take 2 secs with a marker.

· Registered
136 Posts
We fold everything, and bag by size (for orders of 12 or less, we bag all sizes together). My husband made me a flip-n-fold out of cardboard and packing tape -- we've been using it for six months now and it still works great. Since all the folded garments are exactly the same size, it looks very professional. Takes longer to fold each shirt, but customers are very impressed, and come back again.

· Registered
291 Posts
We have two flip and folds and love them. Obviously, if it is a big order like 100 or more (sometimes 50 or more depending on how busy), then we don't fold.
If it is say a cheer squad of about 15, sometimes I will order a drawstring bag in their squad color (about $2) and put each cheerleader's stuff in her own drawstring bag. easier to keep up with for me and appreciated by the gym owner and coaches.
Also, we have found that if you fold, you can fit more in a box than if you don't. Sounds stupid but we are learning something new every day.
Sometimes we make the lazy 14yo son fold as punishment. Giving him a sense of work ethic and providing us with child labor for free.

· Registered
118 Posts
Depends on whether they are personalized or not ... we bag all personalized shirts. If we know the order is for resale purposes, we fold sizes together in half. Most smaller orders (50 or less) we fold separately, stack and box however many fit in the box without cramming. Larger orders, again folded separately and then boxed by size. Makes for nice presentation to the customer. We've always had compliements that everything looked so nice coming out of the boxes when folded separately, rather than in half and stacked.

1 - 14 of 14 Posts
This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.