T-Shirt Forums banner

1 - 4 of 4 Posts

·
Registered
3 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Hello,I was just wondering if you really needed to have 1/2 tone inks to print 1/2 tones.we'll probably be using 230 mesh,not sure the diameter of thread.Also if it's lpi x 4 to get mesh count would it work to divide mesh count by 4 to get lpi.like could I take a 160 screen and divide it by4 to come up with 40 lpi,and if so would the resolution be o.k. I know these are kind of stupid questions,but i've been out of the game for about 5 years now and it's been awhile,also now I have no one to refer to anymore. Thanks for any response and advise.P.s printing on dark shirts,so I was thinking about using a white underbase?This is not a process job just 3 color 1/2 tones,red yellow,and I belive black. thanks

·
Registered
1,262 Posts
You can use any plastisol for halftones. Some may be a little thick and need reducing some. Figure I have heard and used is 4.5 for determining lpi. On a 230 I usually go to 65 lpi and it works fine. God Bless.

·
Registered
3 Posts
Discussion Starter #3
thanks.so if I can use most any plastisol,could I flash them(1/2 tones) on a dark and they still retain resolution.or would it be necassary to use a white underbase,and only hit each color once
thanks

1 - 4 of 4 Posts