T-Shirt Forums banner
1 - 7 of 7 Posts

Registered
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
Hi all. :) I have heard often that white and black tee shirts sell the most. As someone who sells to motorcycle bikers I can agree black tees sell great. But I have never, ever sold a single white tee!

Do many here sell designs on white tees, and if so is it true they are popular? I'd love to sell a lot of whites, but so far black tees are the only color I can sell. I suppose because my customers are bikers who prefer black has a lot to do with it. But I would think I could sell some white ones too.

If you do sell a lot of white tees, do they still sell well during the Christmas holiday season and winter months? Thanks in advance. 馃槂

Registered
I tend to create my designs for either a dark (black) garment or a light color, so my experience does not really reflect an Apples-to-Apples comparison.

And if I make a design for light-colored garments, I offer it on a variety of colors, like light blue, pink, heather gray, and white. White is always the worst seller of the lot. Over the past year or so I've quit offering it--other than when a particular style of garment is not readily available in heather gray and the like.

Of course, some art may sell better on white. I've bought a few white-shirt prints myself over the years. The ones I remember offhand are Escher prints.

One final thought. My best niche is generally as into wearing black as bikers, but my designs for light colors still sell well. But those do tend to be designs aimed more at the ladies.

Registered
Discussion Starter · #3 ·
I tend to create my designs for either a dark (black) garment or a light color, so my experience does not really reflect an Apples-to-Apples comparison.

And if I make a design for light-colored garments, I offer it on a variety of colors, like light blue, pink, heather gray, and white. White is always the worst seller of the lot. Over the past year or so I've quit offering it--other than when a particular style of garment is not readily available in heather gray and the like.

Of course, some art may sell better on white. I've bought a few white-shirt prints myself over the years. The ones I remember offhand are Escher prints.

One final thought. My best niche is generally as into wearing black as bikers, but my designs for light colors still sell well. But those do tend to be designs aimed more at the ladies.
Thank you. I figured ladies white shirts sell more than men's. I myself like a nice gray, sport gray and charcoal color. I have sold ladies pink shirts, but not many.

Registered
I have heard often that white and black tee shirts sell the most.
Fact... and easy to prove.
Photograph Product Black Gesture Font Photograph Muscle Product Black Font

I figured ladies white shirts sell more than men's. I myself like a nice gray, sport gray and charcoal color. I have sold ladies pink shirts, but not many.
If you are only selling shirts for chopper an cruiser type of bikers, then of course black will be the most popular color for men and women.
The dirtbike, superbike, and sports-naked niches are different.
In some niches, lighter colors are much more popular, and I sometimes do full runs (300-600 shirts) in white only.
Example niches are surfing, volleyball, diving, etc. Small unexploited niches are my specialty.

If you do sell a lot of white tees, do they still sell well during the Christmas holiday season and winter months?
Christmas and the winter months are summer time in the southern hemisphere, and the best time to visit places near the equator.
I have plenty of clients in such places buying white shirts during the winter. Guadeloupe is one example as December to May is Summer season there.
I have a shipment of 1,200 shits going there this November and not a single black shirt in it.

Registered
Discussion Starter · #5 ·
Fact... and easy to prove.
View attachment 274193 View attachment 274194

If you are only selling shirts for chopper an cruiser type of bikers, then of course black will be the most popular color for men and women.
The dirtbike, superbike, and sports-naked niches are different.
In some niches, lighter colors are much more popular, and I sometimes do full runs (300-600 shirts) in white only.
Example niches are surfing, volleyball, diving, etc. Small unexploited niches are my specialty.

Christmas and the winter months are summer time in the southern hemisphere, and the best time to visit places near the equator.
I have plenty of clients in such places buying white shirts during the winter. Guadeloupe is one example as December to May is Summer season there.
I have a shipment of 1,200 shits going there this November and not a single black shirt in it.
Thank you for the info. I can see how beachwear stuff would be popular for white and light colors. I guess it is just because of my niche that light colors are not big sellers. Might branch out a bit. Thanks again. :)

Registered
Yes, white t-shirts sell fairly well in my experience. This is why, if you look at wholesale stores, white t-shirts are always stocked up, second only to black ones in number.

Of course, black t-shirts are far more popular by comparison. But to answer your question, white tees do sell. And, the sales of white tee go up during the hot seasons.

And interestingly, white t-shirts are slightly cheaper than white ones in almost every store.

Registered
And interestingly, white t-shirts are slightly cheaper than white ones in almost every store.
The blank white shirts are cheaper because they require less work. No need to dye them.
I don't know where this myth about "black shirts selling better" comes from, but it is a myth.
White shirts are much more popular in many niches, and I have given some examples.

1 - 7 of 7 Posts