T-Shirt Forums banner

1 - 11 of 11 Posts

·
Registered
1,022 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
This is simply curiosity. The scoop coater has a cover/lid so I was just wondering if u just cap it off and keep the emulsion in it or if u wash it out everytime. Thanks.

Sent from my iPhone using TShirtForums

·
Registered
612 Posts
I wash it out unless I am going to be using it again very soon, like in a half hour. This would only be when I have to build up a thick stencil. I don't think that lid is air tight at all. You might have a different lid though. If it is super tight, that would save a lot of time!

-Nick

·
Registered
1,358 Posts
We clean it out after we coat screens. I was under the impression that the cover that comes with it was to keep the edge from getting nicked up.....which is the exact conversation that I had with my employees earlier today. I went to coat screens yesterday and 3 out of 4 of our scoop coats have dings in them which showed up on the coated screen. :mad: Needless to say that I was a bit hot having to replace $100 worth of scoop coats, which is something that can last forever if properly taken care of.

·
Registered
88 Posts
I went to coat screens yesterday and 3 out of 4 of our scoop coats have dings in them which showed up on the coated screen. :mad: Needless to say that I was a bit hot having to replace $100 worth of scoop coats, which is something that can last forever if properly taken care of.
You might be able to salvage your scoop coaters by sanding the edges down with steel wool or something, depending on how bad the dings are. I haven't tried this myself yet, but I seem to remember the guys at Ryonet doing this when I took their class in Arkansas last year.

·
Registered
66 Posts
This is simply curiosity. The scoop coater has a cover/lid so I was just wondering if u just cap it off and keep the emulsion in it or if u wash it out everytime. Thanks.

Sent from my iPhone using TShirtForums
Heck yeah I wash it out! I used to work with this one guy who would just fill it with water and throw it in the sink. Gross!

1 - 11 of 11 Posts