T-Shirt Forums banner

1 - 6 of 6 Posts

·
Registered
21 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
I noticed a lot of people using those illustrations from retro advertisements on t shirt designs, and Im wondering if those are free of copyrights? I have access to a whole bunch of them, by way of scanning the actual original pieces. Im wondering what the laws are regarding using these in designs.

·
Registered
62 Posts
twistedlight said:
I noticed a lot of people using those illustrations from retro advertisements on t shirt designs, and Im wondering if those are free of copyrights? I have access to a whole bunch of them, by way of scanning the actual original pieces. Im wondering what the laws are regarding using these in designs.
Can't speak for all retro graphics, but I purchased an amazing royalty free art set from Nova which has literally hundreds of retro graphics (vectors, no less) for use on t-shirts, posters, etc...

Cheers,
Chris

·
Registered
140 Posts
AeonTees said:
Can't speak for all retro graphics, but I purchased an amazing royalty free art set from Nova which has literally hundreds of retro graphics (vectors, no less) for use on t-shirts, posters, etc...

Cheers,
Chris
Does Nova have a website by any chance? I'm also interested in royalty free retro graphics.

·
Registered
62 Posts
sarafina said:
Does Nova have a website by any chance? I'm also interested in royalty free retro graphics.
They sure do, it's: http://www.novadevelopment.com

Here's the product that I purchased:

http://www.novadevelopment.com/products/productinfo.aspx?productcode=aqw

I was gonna keep it a secret, but the fact is that I found out about it from the "I Made That" book. In fact, everyone who is new to t-shirt design may want to purchase a copy. There is a whole lot of useful information contained within the pages of that book.

Cheers,
Chris

·
Registered
389 Posts
Has anyone tried to learn how to draw your own retro drawings? There are some old illustration instruction books by Jack Hamm done in that style. I was thinking about trying to immitate that style when I get around to it. That way I could make some really hilarious custom retro drawings.

·
Registered
21 Posts
Discussion Starter #6
Bougie, thats a brilliant idea, I gotta try that. I checked out that art explosion set at office max too, there's tons of vector art too, like half the collection. Im definitely gonna pick that up. Good stuff guys.

1 - 6 of 6 Posts