T-Shirt Forums banner

1 - 6 of 6 Posts

·
Registered
50 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
Sup guys,

Well I have a 10" by 4.5" design with 4 colors (the outline of the figure is black... so I assume that counts as a color?)

I want the design to be placed in the center on both the front of the back. The design in the front and the back differs by just 4 lines but has the same colors, so I figure each shirt will have 8 screens and 8 colors (killer for me I suppose)

Since most forum members here are printers, do you guys charge DOUBLE the amount (screens, colors, etc) since there is another design on the back?

That was just a question I am curious about....

but I live am located in Miami, FL and sometimes in Orlando, FL... so if someone is interested in this job... please PM me.

Thanks

·
Registered
6,008 Posts
If you have more work on a garment, you should charge more. I always say time is money and "PROFIT IS NOT A DIRTY WORD". ..... JB

·
Registered
50 Posts
Discussion Starter · #4 ·
Thanks.

So I suppose each screen will cost the same even if one screen's design is just one continuous line? Aren't the first screen/color usually free?

·
Registered
985 Posts
I look at 2 sided printing as being an upsell, so i offer to do the second side for 1/2 price of the first.

Just as profit is not a bad word, neither is marketing. Much of the cost associated with the printing of a shirt if the cost of the job. Ordering shirts and picking them up. Getting the customer artwork and outputting film. My exposure and washout times are fast, so if i'm going to make 1 screen, i'd prefer to make 8 or even 10 or 12.

The primary reason i'm specializing in process color is to be able to sell 5 colors at a time. Without blinking, i can say $1.00 per color is a fair price to charge while at the same under pricing screen printers trying to make a living on 1 color jobs. Charging $5.00 for the front is good, but an extra $2.50 for the back is even better.

fred
Wow I am doing something wrong here.
I charge for whites 12-24, $7.75 and a second side $1.00 per colors.

1 - 6 of 6 Posts