T-Shirt Forums banner

1 - 5 of 5 Posts

·
Registered
4 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
I was wondering how many people use a mac with a graphtec cutter if any and how they have set it all up, because I cannot get mine to work,:mad: I am getting a bit fed up as I have been trying to get it to cut for the last 18 hours. would appreciate any help.

·
Registered
1 Posts
Hi Doug

I use a CE5000-40 with a G5 mac, via usb lead and Cutting Master 2 v1.70 (was using v1.60) on macos 10.4.11 from Illustrator CS3.

Took a bit of setting up as I'm used to using a bigger flatbed model, a FC4210-60.

I cut mainly cut card and paper, although I have done some vinyl using the rolls of material I got supplied with the machine.

Neil

·
Registered
199 Posts
change it from hp-gl to the other option (I think it is gp-gl) in the menu on the plotter itelf. The windows software does this automatically, on mac you have to do it manually the first time you set it up.

·
Registered
68 Posts
I have a macbook, but I installed parallel to run my winxp. and I run flexi on my winxp.
you ask why? because I don't have a Mac version of flexi.
and I was able to cut fine. If you are a noob, and just need something that will work quick, you can check out
Welcome to SignCut-X2 (sc-x2)
free demo, and you can start cutting right away. Yes, things can be frustrating, but people here will help you out, good luck.

·
Registered
4 Posts
Discussion Starter #5
Thanks everyone for your help i had to download a trial version of Illustrater which worked straight away after re loading cutting master but my trail has now ran out, I will look at the sign cut software before i buy illustrater. thanks again.

1 - 5 of 5 Posts