T-Shirt Forums banner
1 - 4 of 4 Posts

·
Registered
285 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
I have many designs that cross over for men and women. However, when I post the women version of a back design and front pocket logo, I often hear that women do not like that. The reason is because their hair can cover up the design.

Any thoughts on this from the ladies out there? Do you prefer front designs on t-shirts?

thanks!

·
Registered
344 Posts
The only design I prefer not to wear is when something is right across the chest - or the featured aspect of the design is directly on the chest. Not the normal left or right chest location, those are fine. It's when it is deliberately across the chest on a women's garment.

·
Registered
19 Posts
Buffettnh, it's ironic that you ask this question. I just finished my very first show which was a week-long conference for a Christian Ministry. Their logo is a big oval fish. I ordered plastisol transfers with a small version of the logo for the front chest pocket and a large version for the back. But I messed up with my proof and didn't notice the printer messed up the small version of the logo until I received the transfers. So I switched it up and just did front chest area of the larger logos. Now, this was the only product available so it probably helped with sales, but the women bought them up like hot cakes. To speak to KristineH's comments, the placement of the fish perfectly outlined the chest area. So I did in fact have a few of the women ask if I had a different version where it was just a small logo in the corner. One woman even went to so far as to be honest and say she didn't think any large busted women would want that logo right there. So moral of the story, I doubt very many choose not to buy based on the location of the logo, however, I imagine some would have preferred the back logo over the front/center.

1 - 4 of 4 Posts
This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.