T-Shirt Forums banner

1 - 3 of 3 Posts

·
Registered
16 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Ok I've been trying to figure this out...

If I want to print on white or light colored shirts, your regular epson printed design on transfer paper should do?

If I want to print on dark colored shirts...I need opaque transfer, but its not really recommended. Vinyl Is!

If I want my design to have a unique shape..I would have to trim it myself...unless I have a vinyl/plotter/cutter.

My question is why can't I just print my picture designs on the vinyl and apply them onto both light and dark colored shirts, instead of going through the hassle of using one printer for darks and one for lights..isnt that a bit much? Or am I missing something?

I know vinyl can be thick which is why maybe you dont recommended it, but I thought thermo flex was pretty good?

I know I can have plasticol transfers made...but I really don't want transfers I dont use to be laying around..thats why I'm trying to make my own..I just print as someone orders...

Oh and does a vinyl/plotter/cutter printer on regular paper?

Thanks in advance!!

·
Registered
1,907 Posts
You shouldn't have any problem using a vinyl cutter for both light and dark shirts, just remember you'll need to stock all the vinyl rolls for the colors you'll be using. I think most people start out doing heat transfers first, so they already have the printer/etc. before they even get a vinyl cutter - so that may be how you got that impression.

A vinyl cutter will not print on to regular paper. It only cuts vinyl =)

·
Registered
16 Posts
Discussion Starter #3
then what is it that they use to make vinyl banners? Don't they print graphics on vinyl..couldn't I do that for some shirts?

1 - 3 of 3 Posts