T-Shirt Forums banner
1 - 6 of 6 Posts

· Registered
2 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 · (Edited)
I was wondering when asking for quotes on the following design, would this be a 2 color print if I used the shirt color for the center color on the design? I am printing the logo on red shirts and was trying to save money by using the shirt color for the cursive font.

Red shirt - blue outline, white middle, font will be red shirt color

The reason I am asking is I received a quote stating this should be a 3 color shirt (underbase, color, bump white).

Any thoughts or feedback.

Attachments

· Registered
8,374 Posts
I'd to that white and blue on a red shirt. No highlight white is needed and I would almost bet they weren't plan on printing it. I rarely ever print a highlight white. The only time I even consider it if it's a highend design and I feel it warrants it.

· Registered
2 Posts
Discussion Starter · #5 ·
Ok sounds like I should still request for a 2 color quote and just have the white as an underbase for the blue, correct?

I'm thinking the company is trying to upcharge me since I am dropping off my own blanks (one extra color, one extra screen fee)...

· Registered
2,152 Posts
Keep in mind they might just be bad at quoting extra for the 'oh crap' factor that is often associated with people bringing in their own stuff. Many shops will not reprint or replace goods if they misprint on a supplied shirt as well--it would be smart to make sure you and the printer know up front what all the details are.

1 - 6 of 6 Posts
This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.