T-Shirt Forums banner
1 - 16 of 16 Posts

·
Registered
32 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
My logo is White and black when printing on a BLACK T SHIRT, do i need to use black ink
or can i save money and just use the White ink and allow the black shirt to take the black inks place. and vice versa with shirts, do i need
white ink or can i just use the backing of the white t shirt.
THANKS A TON EVERYBODY

·
Registered
4,063 Posts
If the black area is completely enclosed with white, you'll be ok. But if it's not, then using either black ink or shirt see-through may not give you the intended look. In that case you'll need to either change your shirt color or use another ink color besides black.
that is what i was thinking as well

if that is the case and the design can handle it, adding a border will alleviate this issue

·
Registered
32 Posts
Discussion Starter · #6 ·
that is what i was thinking as well

if that is the case and the design can handle it, adding a border will alleviate this issue
first off thanks for responding,
but
In case in point your user profile pic the yellow triangle with the camera that says peaceful slavery, if that were put on a BLACK SHIRT,
would i just need a 1 INK YELLOW SCREEN PRINT, and for the outer shade border edges use a yellow highlight to make the black pop, sorry if that sounds
confusing, but yeah could i use just a 1 ink white or yellow for that on a black shirt or would A 2 COLOR BLACK/YELLOW screen print be better
again thanks

·
Registered
32 Posts
Discussion Starter · #7 ·
If the black area is completely enclosed with white, you'll be ok. But if it's not, then using either black ink or shirt see-through may not give you the intended look. In that case you'll need to either change your shirt color or use another ink color besides black.
thanks i appreciate that. its not like people can tell the difference as ink is clashed against the shirt

·
Administrator
15,761 Posts
first off thanks for responding,
but
In case in point your user profile pic the yellow triangle with the camera that says peaceful slavery, if that were put on a BLACK SHIRT,
would i just need a 1 INK YELLOW SCREEN PRINT, and for the outer shade border edges use a yellow highlight to make the black pop, sorry if that sounds
confusing, but yeah could i use just a 1 ink white or yellow for that on a black shirt or would A 2 COLOR BLACK/YELLOW screen print be better
again thanks
Black ink on a black shirt is pretty much a waste. In most cases it is not necessary and in other cases it can't be seen (black on black).

For T's logo, using just yellow ink, you would lose the black border.

Not sure what you mean by yellow highlight.

·
Registered
4,365 Posts
The only time you really need to consider black ink on a black garment is if you are printing something more photographic in nature via process or simulated process and need the hit of black ink to keep the black of the art from being "stepped on" too much and/or want to maintain a consistent sheen/surface of ink throughout the image rather than the black having a different, duller appearance than the inked areas. That last bit might be important in a photo. None of this is any concern at all in the usecase you describe.

·
Registered
32 Posts
Discussion Starter · #11 ·
i think the t-shirt gangster is thinking of something like what occurs in some collegiate-type fonts for jersey numbers

View attachment 275260
Word up son thats the exact type of shirt im talking bout, not necessarily a jersey it could be regular t shirt but the screen print
non the less as i seeing looks fine yep this is exactly what im talking about. Thanks i see it and it looks good wow thanks
this is gonna save me alot of money. again thanks

·
Registered
32 Posts
Discussion Starter · #12 ·
The only time you really need to consider black ink on a black garment is if you are printing something more photographic in nature via process or simulated process and need the hit of black ink to keep the black of the art from being "stepped on" too much and/or want to maintain a consistent sheen/surface of ink throughout the image rather than the black having a different, duller appearance than the inked areas. That last bit might be important in a photo. None of this is any concern at all in the usecase you describe.
oh nah its just text and a generic shape thanks man. you all saved me alot of money, crazy how much more 2 print inks are but i understand. i feel mad guilty when selling people vinyl instead of screen print for whatever reason. and with this i dont want people to be like
"Dah hell is this did this guy just sell me a 40 dollar shirt that uses its color as ink, oh fck this REFUND":LOL:
thanks. im new to this so thanks
😉 Look out GUCCI AND NIKE HERE I COME !

·
Registered
32 Posts
Discussion Starter · #13 ·
Black ink on a black shirt is pretty much a waste. In most cases it is not necessary and in other cases it can't be seen (black on black).

For T's logo, using just yellow ink, you would lose the black border.

Not sure what you mean by yellow highlight.
Oh wow thanks i figured it would be a waste but i felt as if i was ripping my customers off i was afraid i was gonna get a
" HEY I PAID 40 DOLLARS FOR A SHIRT AND THEY SOLD ME A SHIRT THAT USES IT COLOR AS INK REEEFFUUUUNNNDDD"😝

thanks alot man. saved me alot of money. now i can sell the white and black shirts cheaper then the other color shirts that require the black & white ink.
i already feel guilty having to charge 30-45 for my stuff but high street wear quality costs,

·
Registered
3 Posts
My logo is White and black when printing on a BLACK T SHIRT, do i need to use black ink
or can i save money and just use the White ink and allow the black shirt to take the black inks place. and vice versa with shirts, do i need
white ink or can i just use the backing of the white t shirt.
THANKS A TON EVERYBODY
Absolutely you can.
I've written loads of stuff on screen printing - especially for newbies and start-up people creating their own fashion brands / T-shirt labels under the name Imprinter.
One of the greatest rules I tell all students is - no one knows it's a mistake unless you tell them.
And the other thing I'd like to say is it can be an opportunity for a cool stunt too though ...
I know instead of plain black which will still look good next to teh white - you can play with a gloss black ((Watercolour) or metallic black.

Anyway, dude - have fun.

·
Registered
32 Posts
Discussion Starter · #16 ·
Absolutely you can.
I've written loads of stuff on screen printing - especially for newbies and start-up people creating their own fashion brands / T-shirt labels under the name Imprinter.
One of the greatest rules I tell all students is - no one knows it's a mistake unless you tell them.
And the other thing I'd like to say is it can be an opportunity for a cool stunt too though ...
I know instead of plain black which will still look good next to teh white - you can play with a gloss black ((Watercolour) or metallic black.

Anyway, dude - have fun.
Thanks brother this helps alot seriously it does. real quick OG do customers on average care about HIGH HIGH QUALITY, like
im not going to with cheap gilden shirts but basically what im asking whats the difference between 5 dollar good shirts VS HIGH QUALITY 25-30 DOLLAR BLANK SHIRTS.

thanks again man .

1 - 16 of 16 Posts
This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.