T-Shirt Forums banner

1 - 8 of 8 Posts

·
Registered
5 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Hello,

I just had the motherboard replaced. The computer recognizes the printer through the maintenance programs but is not responding when I go to print. Should I reinstall the driver?

Any ideas?

·
Registered
2,497 Posts
Hello,

I just had the motherboard replaced. The computer recognizes the printer through the maintenance programs but is not responding when I go to print. Should I reinstall the driver?

Any ideas?
Yes, the address of the port you were using probably has changed with the new motherboard, reinstalling the driver should solve the problem.

Hope this helps.

·
Registered
4,202 Posts
When you connected the printer, your computer will have installed a new Epson printer.

1. Delete all Epson printers based on your print engine. (EPSON 2400 I believe, also do not delete the RIP, just the Epson printers, most likely you will have one normal and one copy)
2. Unplug your Epson printer from the computer, and plug it back in. Your computer will reinstall the printer.
3. Right click on the printer and go to Properties. Choose ports and see what USB port the printer is on. You will have to move the column over a little to see the full port name.
4. Open your RIP (assuming you have DTG RIP Pro)
5. Click on outputs, and then click on the Output Queue 1 and edit.
6. Choose the port (bottom right corner of window) that matches the port that your newly installed printer is on.
7. You may also have to go back to the control panel and printer area and check to see if any of the printers or queue's are offline. If they are, right click on them and and choose work online.

You should be back up and running. I've never used this RIP, but it's based on the iProof RIP and I imagine it's set up the same.

·
Registered
111 Posts
When you connected the printer, your computer will have installed a new Epson printer.

1. Delete all Epson printers based on your print engine. (EPSON 2400 I believe, also do not delete the RIP, just the Epson printers, most likely you will have one normal and one copy)
2. Unplug your Epson printer from the computer, and plug it back in. Your computer will reinstall the printer.
3. Right click on the printer and go to Properties. Choose ports and see what USB port the printer is on. You will have to move the column over a little to see the full port name.
4. Open your RIP (assuming you have DTG RIP Pro)
5. Click on outputs, and then click on the Output Queue 1 and edit.
6. Choose the port (bottom right corner of window) that matches the port that your newly installed printer is on.
7. You may also have to go back to the control panel and printer area and check to see if any of the printers or queue's are offline. If they are, right click on them and and choose work online.

You should be back up and running. I've never used this RIP, but it's based on the iProof RIP and I imagine it's set up the same.
I know this an old thread but having problems myself.
I have a kiosk and this was to be my last resort from problems all week
1. delete printers from print engine means deleting from PC ?? (control panel >printers)
2. this is basic(for me anyway)
3. did this and it had USB port ticked
4. I have print pro
5. Outputs ?? lost me there. I clicked on properties on the print pro clicked on port and said USB
6. lost me there too
7. ok with that
I changed a mother board a while back and a tech talked me through it (but I didn't write it down!!!) I remember that I had to change from say Epson 2100 to Epson 2100 (copy) or something like that. Does the newly installed printer have to exactly match the name on the PC. Every time I change it keeps coming up on the PC as Epson Photo 2100. I thought I did the right thing, then tried to do a nozzle check. It did the start up routine as normal then when I went to print nozzle check, loaded normally then the head just stayed in the home posi. I then decided to clean encoder strip and now the error eject and ink lights flash together. This is driving me nuts. New printhead,capping stat, ribbon and now board.

1 - 8 of 8 Posts