T-Shirt Forums banner
1 - 7 of 7 Posts

· Registered
59 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
I am starting out with getting my shirts printed and my company logo/designs are not yet registered. I've had mixed reviews on whether or not to print before/after registering with the uspto. Should I have my screen printer sign a non-disclosure agreement or is that a waste of time. Will they be offended?

· Registered
8,073 Posts
probably a waste of time....lets suppose they rip off your design...what are you doing to do? This is not a case that a lawyer will take on contingency basis..you will have to front the money to go to court...and it could take up to 50K...do you have the financial resource to do this..?

· Registered
340 Posts
I do Fulfillment for several websites, I would never do anything bad like that, and I have never been asked to sign anything, however, it would not offend me to be asked to do so,

· Registered
6,595 Posts
Technically, your designs are copyrighted once they are in fixed form. And you can gain common law trademark rights to your brand name or logo as you use it in commerce. So you do have some level of legal recourse even without any official copyright or trademark registration.

But as Charles mentioned, what are you really going to do if someone steals your designs or logo?

Reality is, printers are in the business of printing, not stealing. You are more valuable to them as a paying customer. So it's probably a waste of time to have them sign an agreement. But if it makes you feel better, you can ask them. They will probably just do it to please you than waste time being offended about it.

1 - 7 of 7 Posts
This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.