T-Shirt Forums banner

1 - 4 of 4 Posts

·
Registered
183 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Looking to buy myself an A3 printer for doing inkjet transfers.

Do I need an epson for best results? The a3 models are few and far between and pricey.

and then the inks, I know I am asking alot here, but if someone has the experience could they rank these types of ink in order from best to worst for inkjet transfer: UltraChrome, durabrite, claria. (Ultrachrome seems to be available on the higher end models but i guess that doesn't mean its any better for inkjet transfers).

I can get a Cannon/HP/brother a3 printer quite cheap second hand but not Epson's

·
Registered
583 Posts
Looking for a cheap Epson, try the Workforce 1100. It's a wide-format pigment ink printer which is ideal for transfers. And you can equip it with a bulk ink ciss to save on ink. Epson is more reliable due to its Piezo printheads.

·
Registered
183 Posts
Discussion Starter #3
Looking for a cheap Epson, try the Workforce 1100. It's a wide-format pigment ink printer which is ideal for transfers. And you can equip it with a bulk ink ciss to save on ink. Epson is more reliable due to its Piezo printheads.
Agreed however the workforce range isn't available in my country, we instead have the stylus office range which I believe must be a very close match if not the same printer, but its $500 and its the bottom of the line A3 model so I am wondering if its better to spent int he same bracket but buy a second hand top of the range one from another manufacturer.

·
Registered
412 Posts
Reaper, what you need for transfers is pigment or Heat transfer ink. The others you mention are not designed to work for transfers to cloth, but for printing photo's mainly. Research the ink then look for a decent printer that will be compatible with the ink. In the USA there are many companies that specialize in replacement ink for printers. I don't know about where you are. You will need to do some research. All the inks you mention are good inks, just not the best for transfers. Hope this helps.

1 - 4 of 4 Posts