T-Shirt Forums banner
1 - 8 of 8 Posts

· Registered
127 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
Hi i am going to label my shirts in screen printing with all the information needed
but i see other company's have a TAG label inside of the shirt with information and was wondering if that is needed or is that extra etc?

Tyty

· Registered
127 Posts
Discussion Starter · #6 ·
The info on the tags are required by law. Are you saying 99% of shirts have the info on the shirt twice? Are you referring to a side seam label?
Yes i think so, there is a main one people have usually screen printed by the neck but i usually see another TAG inside the shirt on the side with info again with wash instructions etc

· Registered
6,595 Posts
The tag in the side seam is done by the shirt manufacturer. This is an alternative to the neck label. Manufacturers do this so that clothing brands can print their own label in the neck without having to remove a label first. When the clothing brand prints their label in the neck, they don't have to include any info that is already on the side seam label. But they may choose to do so anyway so that the info is easier for the consumer to find. It's not any more expensive to include extra info on the printed label. Once you pay for the screens and printing, the cost is the same whether it's just a logo or it has other info as well.

ABrandWithNoName.com

1 - 8 of 8 Posts
This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.