T-Shirt Forums banner
1 - 12 of 12 Posts

· Registered
107 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
Can I just buy illustrator and photoshop and not the rest of the bundle? their web site doesn't really show how to do this. If so, how much would just those two be? If not, how much is the whole bundle?

· Registered
973 Posts
I believe they are getting away from the bundles... last I looked they were just offering a subscription based plan... you paid monthly then got to download all there products... or you could just download one program... but the fee was the same...

I'm a Corel guy personally so I may be wrong but when I was comparing the two before I went with Corel that's how I understood it..

Sent from my SGH-M919 using T-Shirt Forums

· Registered
107 Posts
Discussion Starter · #3 · (Edited)
ok just found out how to buy individual ones, but at 600 a pop.... I see CS6 advertised on craigslist for half that. Is there a way to know if you are buying a legal version off of craigslist? i want to stay legitimate. all i need is photoshop and illustrator.

· Registered
69 Posts
I know just a little bit about Photoshop so I'll offer an opinion here. The differences between the current version of Photoshop, Creative Cloud and CS6, (which are basically the same thing) versus CS2 are monumental. There's no contest between the two. I could go on forever discussing the advantages.

With that said, many screen printers, especially those who aren't high-end art intensive and depend on Photoshop along with the fastest computers can easily get by with an old copy of Photoshop CS2 for image enhancement, separations, etc. Newer Windows systems will run it if setting CS2 to load in compatibility mode for Windows 7, Vista or XP. I have tested Photoshop CS2 on Windows 8 and did get it working properly.

Macs however are a different story and I believe the last OS X version Photoshop CS2 is compatible with is Snow Leopard running Rosetta, which permits Power PC coded applications to run on Intel based Macs.

In fact, I continue to use Adobe GoLive CS2 on a Windows 8 system to work on my websites without issue. Why? Because its simple, I know it like the back of my hand and my sites don't need to be very complex.

· Registered
1,534 Posts
The good thing about the old versions of Photoshop up to CS4 is that they still have the halftone section in the print dialog. They removed that set of features at CS5 so you have to jump through some additional hoops to set up halftones now. CS3 was my favorite. That was the last version before Adobe screwed up the interface with wacky window management. Windows float all over the place. If you don't use tabbed windows, you will be made to suffer. Floating windows actually float above all the toolbars and stuff, completely blocking them. It's crazy. They work more sensibly on a Mac. Floating windows float beneath all the toolbars so it's still workable.

1 - 12 of 12 Posts
This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.