T-Shirt Forums banner

1 - 12 of 12 Posts

·
Registered
911 Posts
, i believe your good as long as you dont put your subject in a bad light..(reverend so and so with joints and hookers)
there are loads of caricature artists out there making a living doing cartoon portraits. Photos of celebs are usually the property of the photographer and not necessarily the celebs themselves.
Im not a lawyer btw.

·
Registered
6,680 Posts
It would not be a copyright infringement, but it would definitely violate right of publicity laws. And in some cases, there could be trademark infringements and violations of existing licensing agreements.

As a general rule, you cannot use someone's name or likeness in any form without license or permission. Any unauthorized usage would be infringement and could potentially get you sued. I would advise consulting an IP attorney before proceeding.

·
Registered
582 Posts
depending on the cleb I suppose...some are very particular about using their likeness, be it photo or drawing without compensation (payment).

Reactions: andrew625

·
Registered
62 Posts
Discussion Starter #5
, i believe your good as long as you dont put your subject in a bad light..(reverend so and so with joints and hookers)
there are loads of caricature artists out there making a living doing cartoon portraits. Photos of celebs are usually the property of the photographer and not necessarily the celebs themselves.
Im not a lawyer btw.
this made me think imediatly of this

yeah hadn't thought about deformation of character you could potentialy get sued for that if you were silly.

reckon it may or may not be worth it, just was thinking it might be a way to get around licsencing for an image rights.

1 - 12 of 12 Posts