T-Shirt Forums banner
1 - 3 of 3 Posts

· Registered
60 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
It's really easy to find screen printers to outsource to...just type in "screen printers" in google. But what if you want to outsource your vinyl printing? If you type in "vinyl printers" you just get a bunch of printing machines and stuff aimed at "do it yourself." Other searches turn up professional printers who do signs, banners, stickers, etc., but I don't see tshirts.

Are there any vinyl printers who will print up and weed designs for you so that you can press them yourself? Sort of the vinyl equivalent of ordering plastisol transfers?

I'm thinking about starting a store and doing vinyl printing on demand, but it'd be nice to know I could also outsource the printing if my equipment breaks or I get overwhelmed.

· Registered
60 Posts
Discussion Starter · #3 ·
Twinge said:
So I suppose my question to you is, is there any specific reason you want to use vinyl in this situation? Do you like the feel of it on the t-shirts better, or...?
It's because I want to offer custom color ink and custom color shirt with every order, and I don't think it's possible to do profitably with anything except vinyl. Inkjet transfers restrict the color options too much, and you need quantity with plastisol to do it profitably.

· Registered
60 Posts
Discussion Starter · #5 ·
MotoskinGraphix said:
Any sign shop can cut your cad-cut vinyl for shirts but they probably wont have a press. Generally everything with vinyl is custom because once its cut and weeded you cant really stack em in a file for printing later. You know...because of the sticky mylar carrier. You could do it if you dont weed the designs until showtime.
Okay, so any sign shop could (would?) do it, but don't advertise it because there's such low demand for it?

1 - 3 of 3 Posts
This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.