T-Shirt Forums banner

1 - 15 of 15 Posts

·
Registered
125 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
I have finally recieved my book :How to Print T-shirts for fun and Profit yr 2000. I couuld not get a new book, but the book is very clean and not worned. I try to locate the book on Barne and Nobles but they said they did not carry the book in their warehouse for it was not printed anymore but they stated I could order it on line, which I did. Why is this book so hard to find? I see it advertise on many web sites but it is very expensive. Now I seen the same book on Ryonet 2008 version for $39.00.

Well my question is- if you are or have used this book is it all that her it to be "the bible of screen printing and more"? I just started reading the book and it seems to be very well written and not boring to read.

·
Registered
456 Posts
If it is the Bible of Screen printing, it is like the Old Testament.You will learn some things from it,
but you will learn just as much by using this forum, YouTube, and the many other helps out there.

·
Registered
138 Posts
I have the book and it is like brand new because I've reference it perhaps twice. Since then, for many years, it's only been taking up space in the bookcase. All the information you need is on the net. - Scotty

·
Registered
459 Posts
I have the book and it was a good intro into what screen printing is all about. I then bought a DVD off of ebay that I think was from Ryonet and that was money well spent. There are so many DVDs and Youtube videos and information on this forum that I never look at this book anymore. In fact I don't even know where it is at the moment.

·
Registered
963 Posts
I agree with the above posts. I got the last printing version. I learned more form the rynoet videos, youtube, and this forum than I learned from that book.

·
Registered
6 Posts
Yes, some books are expensive or hard-to-find. This might be a good place to plug bookfinder.com, a free, no sign-up search engine for used books.

Sometimes I don't feel my operation is complete if I haven't at least rifled the pages of certain frequently mentioned books. Bookfinder.com lets you pick up some of these volumes at a substantial savings. In my experience, it offers more savings than the used book options on sites like Amazon.

Just check the buyer ratings of the sellers before you buy.

·
Registered
91 Posts
Well, I'm going to disagree with most. I bought the book from Amazon, got a decent price, and am glad I did.

It has been a wealth of information. I actually found this board, in that book. It has also given me many ideas on marketing, etc.

I've been reading and referencing it for weeks now. I'm glad I found it. There are several good appendices, as well as diagrams of shop layouts (I'm clueless and will be moving into shop space), which helped me out a LOT.

So, for me, it was money well spent. :eek:

·
Registered
125 Posts
Discussion Starter #12
Thanks for the infor. I have seen the authors web site and many other free web videos. They areall informative, but one thing I am disappointed is that all the web sites did not really show how to registers 2 color for exposure wih a simple exposure unit. But I do enjoyreading any informative books that show me how to make life simple by visual examples.
"Again, thanks for answering my question this is the most I have gotten since I have been writting questions and statements".

·
Registered
66 Posts
If it is the Bible of Screen printing, it is like the Old Testament.You will learn some things from it,
but you will learn just as much by using this forum, YouTube, and the many other helps out there.

Old testament HAHA. I have owned it for many years, built the one color and 4 color press out of it. Good times... Great reference, but yeah, the most up to date info is on the web.

1 - 15 of 15 Posts