T-Shirt Forums banner
1 - 3 of 3 Posts

·
Registered
266 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
So after looking at a few post here, i decided to give a diy conveyor a try, the question i have is there a certain time in the oven and a set temp in the oven that i should be planning. I have seen some other posts where it said 2 or 3 minutes in the oven. I know that the goal is to get the ink to 325 to cure. I have the conveyor done and going to enclose it tomorrow but wasn't sure how to big to make oven area, as it would depend on how long the shirt needs to be in oven.
Thanks

·
Registered
56 Posts
It depends on what type of ink you are using and what speed the belt is running at. If you are using plastisol ink then you will need the 3 minutes at 320 degrees. If your belt is running faster then 3 min. you will need higher temps. The only way to be sure is print, test and wash the shirt to see if the ink holds.

If you are using water based inks, you can get away with lower temps. With water based inks, all you are really trying to do is remove the moisture from the ink and shirt so it can cure but again, testing is the only way you will know what requirements you need. Good luck with the conveyor build.

1 - 3 of 3 Posts
This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.