T-Shirt Forums banner

1 - 17 of 17 Posts

·
Registered
9 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
I am so very impressed with this site and much of what I have read here on t-shirt forum. I am leaving the corporate world and getting into the business with some pals o mine in London, Chicago and here in LA. I have just about wrapped up the budgeting and planning stage. We will hit the ground running this summer.

What most interest me are strategies to get my product out and on the backs of the right people, especially here in LA.

Also, for those of you that sell in Asian (ie Japan), do you have any suggestions on how to penetrate this market?

As a new kid on the block, I would greatly greatly appreciated any suggestions?

I look forward to getting to know some of you.

Peace and prosperity,
Delan

·
Premium Member
27,700 Posts
Hi Delan, welcome to the T-Shirt Forums.

From what I've read and heard from other t-shirt sellers, the best way to get into the Japan (and other Asian) t-shirt shops is to go to the various t-shirt tradehows like Magic/Pool/Agenda. That's where the buyers for the stores go to look for new lines to carry.

·
Registered
9 Posts
Discussion Starter #5
What up Luke.
My nine to fiver is in BH, so I typically water myself at McCormick and Schmidts in Beverly Hills.

What about you?

·
Registered
243 Posts
DBracks said:
What up Luke.
My nine to fiver is in BH, so I typically water myself at McCormick and Schmidts in Beverly Hills.

What about you?
Ever hit Ian Copeland's place the Back Stage on Brighton? Ya... he use to manage the Police and Sting. Doesn't really get going until late though.

How's the early evening crowd at McC & Schmidts? Do they wear tee shirts? Had to throw that in to make the discussion legit.

Let me know if you ever want to get together and start a LA tee shirt industry Happy Hour. Maybe once a month type of thing.

·
Registered
9 Posts
Discussion Starter #7
I like that idea Luke. Let's stay in touch so we can make that happen. By the way, CHL is one of my favorite movies of all time.

·
Registered
117 Posts
CoolHandLuke said:
Ever hit Ian Copeland's place the Back Stage on Brighton? Ya... he use to manage the Police and Sting. Doesn't really get going until late though.

How's the early evening crowd at McC & Schmidts? Do they wear tee shirts? Had to throw that in to make the discussion legit.

Let me know if you ever want to get together and start a LA tee shirt industry Happy Hour. Maybe once a month type of thing.
ALWAYS DOWN TO HAVE TEE SHIRT INDUSTRY HAPPY HOUR...
BEL AIR,CA here...

·
Registered
243 Posts
So let's do it!

The first official/unofficial LA Tee Time will be on Thursday April 6th... starting around 6 pm at the Sunset Trocadero - 8280 W Sunset Blvd. West Hollywood CA 90046.

I'll probably be the only one there... but you have to start somewhere!

·
Premium Member
10,512 Posts
CoolHandLuke said:
The first official/unofficial LA Tee Time will be on Thursday April 6th...
So, how would anyone who turned up recognise you?

You don't want to end up with three people in a bar thinking "is that guy in a t-shirt the one who said to meet here?"

·
Registered
9 Posts
Discussion Starter #12
That's good news, I will definitely try and make it.

CoolHandLuke said:
So let's do it!

The first official/unofficial LA Tee Time will be on Thursday April 6th... starting around 6 pm at the Sunset Trocadero - 8280 W Sunset Blvd. West Hollywood CA 90046.

I'll probably be the only one there... but you have to start somewhere!

·
Registered
117 Posts
Im sooo down.. how bout we meet at PINKS HOT DOGS instead...? then we wont have to worry bout drunk men pretending to be in the t-shirt printing business as well..
Cheers

·
Registered
243 Posts
Pinks?... are you under 21? If that's the case, I can still get you in. No one is there at 6 pm. That's right when the place opens and doesn't get a crowd until late... if ever. It's a pretty small place, but good. That's why I thought it would be a great place for the first one.

Trust me... there won't be any drunk people at 6 pm at the Sunset Trocadero... besides myself :)

People will be able to spot me... I'll wear a TeeRAVEL shirt.

·
Registered
1,970 Posts
Tssssk, stop plying the little ones with liquor (or move to a country that doesn't have liquor laws that create people with drink problems, and are more Middle East than West ;) )

·
Registered
9 Posts
Discussion Starter #17
No thanks to Pinks! Let's be grown-ups.

CoolHandLuke said:
Pinks?... are you under 21? If that's the case, I can still get you in. No one is there at 6 pm. That's right when the place opens and doesn't get a crowd until late... if ever. It's a pretty small place, but good. That's why I thought it would be a great place for the first one.

Trust me... there won't be any drunk people at 6 pm at the Sunset Trocadero... besides myself :)

People will be able to spot me... I'll wear a TeeRAVEL shirt.

1 - 17 of 17 Posts