T-Shirt Forums banner

1 - 6 of 6 Posts

·
Registered
4 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Good afternoon, I've read the forums a while and couldn't find an answer to my question so I registered! I am Brandon the owner/ceo of Brown Box Direct. Now that you all know me, I have a problem that I can't get worked out.

S&S Activewear charges approx $3.99 handeling fee + ups insurance charges.

If I order say 1 item for a customer costs say the jerzees nublend pullover (4997M) its $9.90 + shipping which is $9.29 + 3% lost cash fee = $19.47

that EXACT same item# from broder is $11.94 + 5.88 s&h = $17.82

so why so much for shipping from S&S? Is there a way or is it possible to get case pricing from broder?

I already called S&S and they said they can't do anything about there shipping prices, that pretty much "it is what it is."

Has anyone else had a problem with high distributor pricing? What are ways around this and which is the best in terms of pricing and shipping prices? Thanks so much

·
2,957 Posts
It gets much better when you order more than 1 item. For 1 item I would just go with the cheapest total price.

But, when you are able to buy 50-100 shirts in varying sizes and colors and get case pricing, you are going to come out a lot better, even though the shipping charges are normally higher.

·
Registered
4 Posts
Discussion Starter #4
yup we are talking about domestic US shipping. I was just wanting a safety net if you will during the slow times when a customer say only wants 1 bright yellow polo :) I just didn't see how a polo that costs $20 retail = $10 wholesale and then s&s charges a $9.29 shipping fee, thats an item cost of $19.29 for a $20 item, that means I make profit on only shipping! :(

I do however understand that the more you order the better it gets, because I can place 1 order for 50 people and charge them all say $5.95 shipping and make a boat load of money :)

does Broder give case pricing if you ask for it? what about Brodek and Rhodes? how does there shipping and pricing compare? what about sanmar (pricing and shipping cost)?

I was really thinking about order some samples from Broder, has anyone had experience with doing a presentation with these samples, are they good? :)

·
Registered
1,906 Posts
I would compare your prices based on an order of 50 too (you should be able to go through the websites and get totals without actually ordering anything) and compare. A lot of companies (in all sorts of areas, not just distributors) have a shipping method they use and with that method comes a minimum shipping cost no matter how little you buy.

While t-shirt prices don't go down the more you order with S&S, shipping prices do (of course). The 'cap' as far as I can tell is 50 (so if you order 50 or more, you are saving as much as possible; 51, 52, etc. all tack on the same extra shipping fee). This may vary with different types/brands though; not certain.

Of course, there are other reasons to choose companies besides price too =) I've only had S&S make one mistake so far (they sent up blue instead of black for 2 shirts), and they corrected it instantly (and didn't even ask for the mis-sent blues back, so we got to keep them as a bonus).

·
Registered
4 Posts
Discussion Starter #6 (Edited)
I'm trying bodek and rhodes now and there shipping is a little high also, but I know you can get case pricing from them if you ask. I have noticed with Broder that you get free ground shipping when you order $150 wholesale of merchandise, thats cool and very easy to reach if you place one order for many difference customers and deliver them yourself (if there local of course). I'll have to checkout the companies more in depth and see what all in terms of samples and whatnot they have to offer, I really like the sample packs that Broder offers, really really easy to pick them and not question if you ordered all the right stuff :)

Edit: I didn't say it last time, but thanks everyone for all the replies and prompt help! I really mean it, thanks!

1 - 6 of 6 Posts