T-Shirt Forums banner
1 - 8 of 8 Posts

·
Registered
158 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
Is there a way in AI to distribute objects equally in a circular patern? What I am trying to do is draw a wheel and space out the lugnut holes equally. Thanks for the help...........:D

·
Registered
342 Posts
You may have something similar to Corels Blend tool.

You can select your main object, make a copy. Then apply the blend tool with the required number of steps you want. You then apply your blend group to the path you want.

I would think you would have something similar, just named differently

·
Registered
100 Posts
You can create a star with the star shape tool. Center it to your circle and ad the lug nuts to each point on the start then delete the star. Also you can use the outline view to be right on, command Y.

Good luck!

·
Registered
175 Posts
Gotta play around a bit but here is a quick illustrator type of blend

Attachments

·
Registered
182 Posts
Hi:

I have a similar problem and thought I might ask here. In Corel, I want to to the Yin and Yang symbol with rhinestones. I did it all, but now it turns out the stones are too close together. I don't have a path just the circles.

Can anyone tell me (or link me) how to increase the spacing between the circles without resizing them in Corel?

Thanks much,
Nadine

PS: To cut I use GreatCut. If it is easier to do it there, I would appreciate instrux in that software as well.

·
Registered
147 Posts
Is there a way in AI to distribute objects equally in a circular patern? What I am trying to do is draw a wheel and space out the lugnut holes equally. Thanks for the help...........:D
Very easy to do in Corel. Look for the Rotate tool under Window > Dockers > Transformations. Lookup Rotating Objects in Help for instructions.

AI should have something similar of course.

1 - 8 of 8 Posts