T-Shirt Forums banner
1 - 20 of 670 Posts

· Premium Member
51,818 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 · (Edited)
The theme for this year's t-shirt design contest is: SOCIAL MEDIA (or social)

We've partnered with Roland® to make this a true EXTRAVAGANZA. Along with the cash prize, the first place winner will received a Roland BN-20 Desktop Printer/Cutter. See it in action here:

June 15th is the deadline to submit your design entry.

Read the announcement here: T-Shirt Design Contest: T-ShirtForums.com 7th Year Anniversary Extravaganza - w/prizes!

Discuss the 7th annual t-shirtforums.com t-shirt design contest extravaganza by asking questions below.

Remember: The idea is to create a design that would appeal to anyone, not just a forum member :) So no use of the T-ShirtForums name or logo :) Also, be sure not to use trademarked logos from social media sites (like Facebook/Twitter logos)

The voting will be done anonymously, so please do not post your design here until after the winners have been selected and announced :)

Here's the link to the entry form: http://circler.wufoo.com/forms/tshirtforumstshirt-design-extravaganza/

· Registered
9,603 Posts

· Premium Member
51,818 Posts
Discussion Starter · #3 ·
That pretty much sums it up :)

Social media is basically: people talking to people online with common interests.

You can either use the social media theme if that grabs you and gives you inspiration, or you can break it down to its basic element. Being: social.

They both tie together.

Maybe browse flickr or google images just to get a general idea of the "type" of imagery that is associated with social media or social and see if it gives you inspiration to create an original idea of your own :)

· Registered
8,278 Posts
Rodney. A rule states unpublished work. Does this mean an entrant cant print his design before the contest ends. I want to clearify cause I usally print everything just to see how it looks.

· Premium Member
51,818 Posts
Discussion Starter · #5 ·
Rodney. A rule states unpublished work. Does this mean an entrant cant print his design before the contest ends. I want to clearify cause I usally print everything just to see how it looks.
You can print it, but it just means you can't be selling the design already or already have it in your published portfolio like on a website

· Premium Member
51,818 Posts
Discussion Starter · #12 ·
Do the words "social media" have to be included in the design?
No, the words "social media" do not have to be in the design.

That's just the "theme". You can (maybe should) use creative imagery to convey the design theme.

Is it ok if i make it 2-3 colors
The design can be as many colors as you like. There is no color limitation.

I have another question can we use the words such as facebook, youtube...etc
Since we do not own the rights to those trademarked company names, we could not print t-shirts with their names/logos on them. So no, you cannot use logos or names that are trademarked (like famous social media companies)

· Premium Member
51,818 Posts
Discussion Starter · #16 ·
Can an entry be withdrawn in favor of a newer submission?
I'm not sure what you mean? Like if you change your mind?

I guess if you resubmitted before the contest deadline it wouldn't be a problem.

Or you could just submit your best entry :)

· Registered
2,125 Posts
Well I've been trolling every kind of social media I can think of all day trying to get inspired. I've posted videos, photos, quotes, quips, stories, etc on my two business Facebook pages and personal Facebook page as well as posting on friends' walls and commenting on posts and photos, Twitter accounts, texting like crazy, played online and iPhone video games with chat features, sent pm's here on tsf as well as fb, emailed like crazy, participated in threads on forums, trolled LinkedIn, and sent out evites for my little girl's birthday party. Of course most of that doesn't really make today any different from any other day but I really tried to rev it up today like crazy. :p

I've come to the conclusion that I only get inspired when I'm not motivated so I'm going to tell myself that I'm not entering the contest and I'll wait and see if a design comes to me.

Best of luck to all of you!!! There are some amazingly talented designers here on the forum and I'm super excited to see what you all come up with this year! :)

1 - 20 of 670 Posts
This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.