T-Shirt Forums banner

1 - 7 of 7 Posts

·
Registered
2,919 Posts
I'm still a rookie, but I have been printing for several years with plastisol.
You may want to start with Union's Plasticharge, or Wilflex Plascharge, both hybrids that you mix with plastisol inks and add the discharge activator to just before using. My only experience is with the Union product, but it doesn't dry up in the screen quickly, and, oddly, the screens clean up with water. You might feel a little stiffness in the print, similar to a starched feel, before washing the shirt, but after a wash, you can't feel anything. Curing is critical in getting it to discharge completely, as discussed in other posts.

·
Registered
11 Posts
I have done a fair amount of research with Discharge. I have used Union inks product, Matsui, and Excaliber. I found that Union ink was the easiest to discharge, not saying that the other products end result was not acceptable but took longer to get there side by side. Things you will need to start is a scale, a half decent dryer, calculator and some empty containers. If you are just trying this for the first time they sell a starter package, (i believe they all do) When you get everything post another thread. Discharge printing is awsome especially when you are printing on dark cotton garments, a little smelly though make sure you have good ventilation (rotten Egg smell). Hope this helps

1 - 7 of 7 Posts