T-Shirt Forums banner

1 - 6 of 6 Posts

·
Registered
882 Posts
What does discharge printing mean and do most printers do it? said:
What does discharge printing mean and do most printers do it?
Discharge printing (ink) is using a ink that actually discharges into the dye of the shirt. This is a process that is used to combat dye sublimation that can spell disaster for printing on high poly content garments.

That said, it is rarely used with plastisol printing and is found more offen with waterbase inks. As a result, most printers do not use discharge ink.

The print you posted howerver can be done with or without discharge inks. That has nothing to do with the print you are seeing. The all over print is done with a belt printer that actualy prints the design on the fabric tubes before the shirt is sewn.

There are also what are called "All over" boards that are used on automatic presses costing in the $100,000.00+ range that can do a print very simular to that.

·
Registered
3 Posts
All over print

Preston said:
The all over print is done with a belt printer that actualy prints the design on the fabric tubes before the shirt is sewn.

I've been desperately looking all over the web for information on this, couldn't find any. Most producers can only handle a pretty confined area on the front or back.
I made a design for our company T-shirt, and it's got to be printed all over. I haven't found where this can be done for a reasonable price. One producer said he would first take the shirts apart, print both sides and then stitch the parts back together. This made production very expensive.
Any suggestions?

Jenny

·
Premium Member
27,698 Posts
I made a design for our company T-shirt, and it's got to be printed all over. I haven't found where this can be done for a reasonable price.
Reasonable price and all-over print won't go hand in hand :)

I think inyourfaceapparel.com does all over prints.

1 - 6 of 6 Posts