T-Shirt Forums banner
1 - 7 of 7 Posts

· Registered
9 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
I recently was asked to print 200 shirts for an organization. They asked for an organic shirt and I am thinking about Alternative Apparel's style # 6005 shirt. They are a very light and soft organic shirt. Anyone used these? If so what do you think of them? We would get darker colors (charcoal, chocolate, and ocean blue). They want to use the most eco friendly form of printing. The job calls for a 1 color front and 1 color back in a slight off white color. I was thinking about doing discharge, but the smell given off during the process isn't very pleasant (and probably not good for anyone.) I want a very soft hand. Would I get a good print using an opaque white waterbased ink? Thanks for your help!:)

· Registered
9 Posts
Discussion Starter · #6 ·
In response to my own post, we did end up going with the alternative apparel organic shirt. We were very pleased with them. The shirts are very thin, but are so so soft and comfortable. Our shirts were for an environmental conference and everyone loved them. The necks did seem to be a little bigger than a normal t-shirt, but not bad at all. We did end up using a discharge ink because the customer wanted a very very soft hand. So we mixed green into the matsui discharge. It worked great. We ran it through our regular conveyor dryer and did multiple wash tests. We were very happy with the shirts and with the finished product. I would like to do a waterbased ink, but the opaque ink didn't seem to have a very soft hand. Thanks for everyones feedback!

· Registered
268 Posts
discharge is a little more earth friendly when ran in a gas convection oven. fumes from the discharge are routed past a burner and scrubbed by a matrix of flames several times. power vented hoods on each end of the dryer keep me from smelling up the place. not green yet, but heading that way fast. yours truly, Kelly Hunter Chartreuse

1 - 7 of 7 Posts
This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.