T-Shirt Forums banner
1 - 3 of 3 Posts

·
Registered
5 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
Hi guys!

I'm starting with my partner a new skate brand. We will produce T-Shirts with screen printing technique. We will use plastisol inks, but we don't like very much the tuch effekt of the print (specialy by multicolour prints). We wont to use discharge method to make the print more untuchable.
My question is:

We know,that this is chemical treatment of the fabric and we wonder:
Is there any negative effect (long and short therm) for the fabric and the user of t-shirt by discharging the garment?

Thank You in advance!

Ivailo Ivanov

·
Registered
275 Posts
The real danger of discharge is the fumes put out while the print is being cured in the dryer. You have to ensure you have a well ventilated area in which to work, otherwise you risk some pretty serious health effects. Once discharge is through the dryer, however, it is perfectly safe to the customer. There used to be a need to warn the customer to wash the garment before wearing because some of the aftermath of the discharge formula could cause skin irritation, but this is largely no longer an issue with current discharge formulas.

·
Registered
5 Posts
Discussion Starter · #3 ·
Thank You very much, DNeeld!My information was the same - that the main problem are gases and smell by producing. For me was interestig whether there is a danger for the garment quality or the customers.

Wish You all the best!

1 - 3 of 3 Posts
This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.