T-Shirt Forums banner

1 - 3 of 3 Posts

·
Registered
4 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
'Ello, right, here's the thing, we have just started to have a go at discharge ink printing, everything seemed to be going fine until we noticed, that after it had been through our conveyor dryer, it had a kind of loose inky powder left on the shirt. Any idea what this might be and how can I stop it? :confused::confused::confused:
Any hints or tips or clues would be gratefully received.
The ink system we are using is virus discharge white and activator.

·
Registered
587 Posts
'Ello, right, here's the thing, we have just started to have a go at discharge ink printing, everything seemed to be going fine until we noticed, that after it had been through our conveyor dryer, it had a kind of loose inky powder left on the shirt. Any idea what this might be and how can I stop it? :confused::confused::confused:
Any hints or tips or clues would be gratefully received.
The ink system we are using is virus discharge white and activator.
Have you wash tested it?

Also what is the ratio activator to base you using?

around 6% activator is my sweet spot, more than that and it becomes grainy and leaves a chalk substance once curing , but after a wash it is ok, except better is less with activator also some dyes are not reactive so ensure all the conditions are standard when testing.

·
Registered
97 Posts
That is formaldehyde powder on there, you need to wash your garments after discharge printing as this will dissolve the formaldehyde and wash it out. Or you can use formaldehyde free discharge ink...

1 - 3 of 3 Posts