T-Shirt Forums banner

1 - 8 of 8 Posts

·
Registered
29 Posts
If the decals are large enough, you can print directly to the backing paper. I have done it many times. Save ALOT of time and money from having to cut little package inserts.

·
Registered
938 Posts
I will be selling custom vinyl for cars & walls. I was wondering if anyone has some good application instructions to share. That I could include in with my orders.
Again I will be doing both Auto decals and Wall Words.
Thanks for your help!!
What exactly do you mean by "cut on the flip side a bit deeper?"

Also, another thing to include with application instructions is to include instructions on how to remove the vinyl. Much of it can be removed by hand, but a tool called a Lil Chizzler by Lidco works better (I have one and have used it).

For application, some wall vinyl decorators will ship a squeegee with the design. I suggest the Lidco felt-tipped squeegees but one without the felt works fine too. You can factor the price of those tools in with the job. If you find yourself doing a lot of wall vinyl, buy the squeegees in bulk at discounted pricing. I think it just makes sense to ship the right tools for the job so that customers can immediately apply.

As for placing the premask/application tape, there are a few ways to accomplish this. Some use a tape roll to mount the tape, place the tape roll on a large work table, apply the tape over the vinyl, then cut any excess tape. Others may use a helping hand to hold a cut strip of tape with them and apply.

·
Registered
210 Posts
Discussion Starter · #7 ·
Thanks a bunch - I thought about including them and now I can :)
abou the reverse cut, I was responding to someone stating they would just cut and leave on the paper for application. - Not sure what they meant. I normally cut and weed, apply app tape and then for application peel off the backing and apply.
I didn't know there was another way - Unless, maybe they were thinking heat transfer vinyl? But that wasn't my question - oh well
Anyhow - thanks for the link - I will be ordering from them son!
-KA

·
Registered
938 Posts
Thanks a bunch - I thought about including them and now I can :)
abou the reverse cut, I was responding to someone stating they would just cut and leave on the paper for application. - Not sure what they meant. I normally cut and weed, apply app tape and then for application peel off the backing and apply.
I didn't know there was another way - Unless, maybe they were thinking heat transfer vinyl? But that wasn't my question - oh well
Anyhow - thanks for the link - I will be ordering from them son!
-KA
Ahh okay. You do it as I do it, so I'm not sure what was meant by the other comment either. :)

Lidco can put you in touch with distributors who sell in squeegees and chizzlers in bulk.

There are others like Beacon Graphics, Sign Warehouse and Fellers where you can buy them from also.

1 - 8 of 8 Posts