T-Shirt Forums banner
1 - 4 of 4 Posts

· Registered
1 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
Hi everyone,

I am new to the T-shirt printing industry and have been curious about using our Brother GTX4 printer to print onto films as GTF. I'm struggling to get the vibrancy I'm looking for on some DTG prints, plus not all materials are DTG friendly.

Everything I have read about software, so far, is that Kothari Neo RIP is the best software to use for DTF prints. I've read this is compatible with Epson printers, but does anyone have experience with linking this software with a Brother GTX4 printer?

To open that up a little more...
1. Is anyone using their Brother GTX4 to print onto films at all? If so, what software are you using?
2. What difference have you noticed in ink consumption per print? (Is it really cutting it in half?)
3. Have you seen any issues with dye migration when using the white hot melt adhesive on dark colored shirts?
4. Any ideas on how many grams of adhesive is needed per square inch?

As I mentioned, I'm brand new to the field, trying to gather as much information as I can to see if expanding to DTF prints would be valuable for the company!

Thank you so much for any support or information you can provide,

Andrea

· Registered
10,343 Posts
Even if you get this to work you are adding many steps and a complicated process to get the print on the shirt. DTG works best on good cotton shirts. DTF, IMO, is far to expensive to make this something to do for any volume at all.

Reactions: andrea_0909

· Registered
4,597 Posts
Is anyone using their Brother GTX4 to print onto films at all? If so, what software are you using?
I'm sure people do, just like any other DTG printer. They all work even with the standard software.
It's a slow manual process though.

What difference have you noticed in ink consumption per print? (Is it really cutting it in half?)
It depends on what you are comparing.
Halftones consume less ink than solid print areas, but small halftones don't work too well in DTG or DTF.

Have you seen any issues with dye migration when using the white hot melt adhesive on dark colored shirts?
Dye migration is only an issue when the fabric contains dyed polyester.

Any ideas on how many grams of adhesive is needed per square inch?
It depends on the ink coverage, but it's not much. This part is cheap.

· Registered
213 Posts
3. Have you seen any issues with dye migration when using the white hot melt adhesive on dark colored shirts?
Yes, dye migration can be an issue when using white hot melt adhesive on dark colored shirts. Dye migration occurs when the dye from the shirt bleeds into the adhesive and discolors it, ruining the appearance of the final product.

To avoid dye migration, it is important to use an adhesive that is specifically designed for use on dark colored shirts and has been tested for resistance to dye migration. Additionally, it is best to avoid using excessive amounts of adhesive, as this can increase the risk of dye migration.

If dye migration does occur, it may be possible to resolve the issue by washing the shirt with a dye fixing solution or using a different type of adhesive. However, the best solution is to prevent dye migration from happening in the first place by using the appropriate type of adhesive and taking proper precautions.

1 - 4 of 4 Posts