T-Shirt Forums banner
1 - 4 of 4 Posts

·
Registered
4 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
I am wanting to offer custom Names and numbers (and some logo and designs) on t-shirts and sports uniforms. I currently do this by heat transfers but this is very expensive to do a small job. Would the direct printing be the way to go and if so what type of machine for a small business just starting out?

·
Registered
101 Posts
I am wanting to offer custom Names and numbers (and some logo and designs) on t-shirts and sports uniforms. I currently do this by heat transfers but this is very expensive to do a small job. Would the direct printing be the way to go and if so what type of machine for a small business just starting out?
We screen the logos on the front, names and numbers are transfers on the back. If you screened each name and number, you'd be setting up for each shirt individually and would spend way more time than just using transfers. We thought at first we didn't want to start doing transfers when summer ball teams started ordering from us, but it didn't take long to realize we would never be able to burn, shoot out, and wash all those screens in a timely manner.

·
Registered
101 Posts
I just saw where you were asking about direct printing. :eek: Silly me! That's what I get for trying to read and type on the forum with a sleepy five month old girl!!!

·
Registered
679 Posts
I dunno, for some reason, I don't think DTG is a good fit for sports names and numbers. Yes, it can be done, but if alot of the numbers/letters require white ink, this could get expensive REAL fast.. Lot's of colors and detail, yes. You could get a refurbed machine for under 10k if you are still interested in the DTG route.

1 - 4 of 4 Posts
This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.