T-Shirt Forums banner

1 - 3 of 3 Posts

·
Registered
18 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
I am going to be coming out with some shirts that relate to sports and life in general. While I will be creating a web site, I will will also be walking into sports shops, athlectic clubs, yoga centers, etc. How to do this, what to expect?

What should I do\have, in preperation for this, (business cards, forms, (which ones), samples?

Walk in cold, or, call first. identify who the buyer\manager\owner is, make an appointment? Are there usually certain days, times of the day to do this.

Any benefit to doing mailings, (possibly postcards with some t-shirt images on them)?

Leave freebe samples, (mail them out)?

If they place an order, use what form, get $ then, give them x days, etc., etc?

How quickly will they usually want their order? How much stock should I have on hand, (pre-printed).

Should I be checking with some kind of credit bureau before i actually ship?

etc>< etc>

thanks

Lou

·
Registered
402 Posts
I recommend going in with your business card, and a brochure of your t-shirts for a flying visit. Ask if they are interested and book a further appointment so that they can see and touch the t-shirts. Get an idea of how many sales they project to make in the first month and work out a commission for them, which can be reviewed later.

I sell hen night t-shirts through a wedding shop which is my only outlet. I just went in and approuched them and arranged to go in at a later date with samples. They set their own pricing structure and pay me my base price, it works out well.

>Should I be checking with some kind of credit bureau before i actually ship

I personally didn't do this but I can see it being a wise business choice.

1 - 3 of 3 Posts