T-Shirt Forums banner
1 - 2 of 2 Posts

· Premium Member
12,270 Posts
Muncheys said:
Well Rodney you are the only person that i've ever met that doesn't read the classifieds, congratulations.
What, do you know, like, no people at all? This is just absurd.

On the flipside, I don't know anybody who still reads the classifieds.

· Premium Member
12,270 Posts
Muncheys said:
Your a t-shirt person, if you were to stumble across this ad in print you're telling me you wouldn't take a look.

ATTENTION
The Worlds Greatest T-Shirts In The World Are Now Available. Quantities Are Limited Get One Before It's To Late. Go To muncheys.com
I can honestly say that wouldn't even pique my interest for a moment.

"World's Greatest" is tired and uncreative - it doesn't inspire confidence that the product will be any better. The grammatical errors are highly off putting (I expect a 25 word ad to be perfect - it's not hard), the repetition is a serious waste of limited space, and the only way I'd have of knowing what I was in for is the name (Muncheys) which, while not bad, doesn't tell me anything or attract me.

Nor could I do that much better, because text isn't a great medium for this.

Off the top of my head, the only things I can think of that would attract me are 1) A big sale (if you're doing that, yes it will probably work), or 2) Known names - for example "New Banksy designs available!" &etc.

An ad needs to offer more than just "there's a t-shirt site here" - it needs something out of the ordinary to make me think I may want to buy from them.

A banner ad is just a click away, so you might as well click it and find out - but a print ad means memorising the url (or keeping the ad aside), remembering to check when you get to a computer, and then specifically choosing a time to go and look at the site. The customer needs to be motivated to want to do that.

Muncheys said:
Congratulations, to you also.
Thanks! Is there a prize involved?

1 - 2 of 2 Posts
This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.