T-Shirt Forums banner
21 - 33 of 33 Posts

·
Registered
2 Posts
Re: direct garment printing

Hi,
I saw a few weeks ago in a exhibition in greece digital printing on black shirts.
I can only agree with you there are amazing thinks you can do, which is not possible with screenprinting.
I`m interested to buy the Texjet from Polyprint. What is you opinion about this printer?
I saw also the Kiosk from DTG but the Texjet is cheaper and i didn`t saw any difference in the quality.
The Texjet costs 11000Euro and the Kiosk from DTG 17500Euros.
The Texjet prints on 42x60cm and the Kiosk 32x45, also the Texjet is faster.
Here are the sites to compare
http://www.polyprint.gr/

http://www.dtgdigital.com/

What is your opinion?

·
Premium Member
4,204 Posts

reprigo said:
Hi,
I saw a few weeks ago in a exhibition in greece digital printing on black shirts.
I can only agree with you there are amazing thinks you can do, which is not possible with screenprinting.
I`m interested to buy the Texjet from Polyprint. What is you opinion about this printer?
I saw also the Kiosk from DTG but the Texjet is cheaper and i didn`t saw any difference in the quality.
The Texjet costs 11000Euro and the Kiosk from DTG 17500Euros.
The Texjet prints on 42x60cm and the Kiosk 32x45, also the Texjet is faster.
Here are the sites to compare
http://www.polyprint.gr/

http://www.dtgdigital.com/

What is your opinion?
Jianni, it looks like you have your mind made up already. I can tell you I saw the Texjet in the past and I wasn't impressed. I did see the machine at the SGIA show in Vegas and it was completely redesigned. It also had some samples that were somewhat impressive, compared to where they were before. I didn't feel they were as good as they could have been. Since your prices are reversed (Here in the U.S. the TexJet is more expense than the Kiosk), you are drawn to the TexJet. Everything you mentioned seemed like you are convincing yourself the TexJet is better.

In the end, these machines are glorified Epson printers. You need to get a hands on with both machines and see what works best for you and your business. A website, a video, pictures and salespeople will never be able to tell you that. YOU have to be the one who decides by what works for YOU.

·
Registered
2 Posts

Yes Jerid,

All this you mentioned is right. One year ago i saw also the Texjet and it was copletely different. Now it seams that they have it totaly redesigned. Also the samples i got from them are now impressive.
I got some samples on black shirt from Texjet and i tested them for washability (40`C) and i`m very satisfied. I had only 10% difference in the color in the first wash. After the next washes the colors are the same.
Also i meet people who have the machine and they are very satisfied.
Support is also available. Yes sure, I will go fot it.

Jianni

·
Registered
4 Posts
Re: direct garment printing durability of white ink

I'm buying a dtg Kiosk to supplement my screenprinting. After reading some posts I am wondering if the quality and durability of white prints has improved with the recently released white ink delivery system. Any inputs would be appreciated.
Thanks, Randy

·
Registered
9,770 Posts

It is all in the pre-treatment. Master that and you will have a good product out the back end.

DTG printers are great for printing short runs in a hurry. Also, for those of us that don't want to fuss with screen printing issues like burning screens, space taken up by the screen press itself, having to have a skilled screen printer person, a curing unit, recover of chemicals used DTG is a viable alternative.

Printing on white/light colored T's is good on any machine that you will find out there. We were impressed with all offerings from all vendors on this front. Dark shirts are more of a challenge but not impossible. The biggest hold back with them is the cost of printing with white ink. A 10" round image will cost about $5 ink to get a good print, far more than screen printing costs. Knowing this going in will help you out a lot when you make a choice in printers.

·
Registered
952 Posts

...... The biggest hold back with them is the cost of printing with white ink. A 10" round image will cost about $5 ink to get a good print, far more than screen printing costs.......

Wow, is that true? Is it because you have to make several passes to get a good white? I have kind of fallen behind on my DTG "homework". I am hoping to see some good news about DTG at the upcoming ISS show near me.
Imprinted Sportswear Shows - Schaumburg

If I had the funds to do so at this time, I would jump into DTG printing.

·
Registered
535 Posts

Bill you should be pleased to hear that most of the machines on the market now can lay down enough white ink for one pass (with the proper pretreatment). The cost is higher than screen printing but for most of us we are not going head to head with screen printers. You show me a screen printer that wants to print a 4 piece 5 color order on a dark shirt for the same price as I can do it on my T-jet2.

·
Registered
4 Posts

I've had a DTG Kiosk for about four months and have been very happy with its performance, Printing on dark garments does require some tweaking to get desired results, but we have had good success. Preventative Maintenance and
Cleaning are very necessary, which is stressed when you attend the required training session. Light colored garments work great and people marvel at the "hand" of the final results, especially when printing photos.

Tech Support is good. I feel DTG is a great add-on to a screenprinting or embroidery environment
Randy:mad:

·
Premium Member
4,204 Posts

I've had a DTG Kiosk for about four months and have been very happy with its performance, Printing on dark garments does require some tweaking to get desired results, but we have had good success. Preventative Maintenance and
Cleaning are very necessary, which is stressed when you attend the required training session. Light colored garments work great and people marvel at the "hand" of the final results, especially when printing photos.

Tech Support is good. I feel DTG is a great add-on to a screenprinting or embroidery environment
Randy:mad:
With your positive comment, I'm going to take it the frown was a typo.....

·
Registered
5 Posts

I am going to buy a Direct to Garment printer in the next week or two and I was at the SGIA show last week. I took my logo on a usb drive to every direct to garment vendor there who was printing- some of them resisted printing my logo (even though their booth was not too busy, so how could I possibly buy from one of them). Any way, my logo is fairly simple, single color and I gave them a tif file. They had to resize it, but no other tweaks or rocket science were required. I am only interested in printing on white, so I had them print my logo on a white shirt. I came home with 8 white shirts, ran them through the wash and have eliminated 5 vendors. I know there could be other variables involved, but the other 5 simply did not look good either before or after the wash.

DTG Kiosk, Brother GT541 and Sawgrass advantage all still look great and are in the running for my purchase.

I am now trying to do my homework on support/training and any other considerations for DTG, Brother and DTG. Any comments on these three vendors and their machines would be appreciated.

·
Registered
1,808 Posts

I am now trying to do my homework on support/training and any other considerations for DTG, Brother and DTG. Any comments on these three vendors and their machines would be appreciated.[/quote]

I have the Brother ( about a year and a half) and I love it. Have never had any problems (knock on wood) and Brian has been great. I have never called him with a technical question on the machine but he has answered questions for me on Corel questions.

The machine is great, I wash all of my whites in bleach and they have photos and business info of our cabins on them and they still look great

Hope this helps

·
Premium Member
5,953 Posts

I have the HM1 and love it. They definately have a learning curve but once you figure out all of the best settings they are really easy, if you are only going to print lights it is much less of a learning curve. I am very happy with my puchase.

Bobbie

21 - 33 of 33 Posts
This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.