T-Shirt Forums banner
1 - 8 of 8 Posts

· Registered
4,624 Posts
Bora,

This printer has not been sold for at least two years and only a smalll % of them were ever sold with white ink. It is my understanding that Sawgrass does not support this printer any more. Not even sure if Sawgrass still makes the white ink for this printer either. You might want to look at another dtg printer at the upcoming NBM Indy Show (The NBM Show |) this week.

Good luck with your research.

Mark

· Registered
58 Posts
Discussion Starter · #3 ·
Bora,

This printer has not been sold for at least two years and only a smalll % of them were ever sold with white ink. It is my understanding that Sawgrass does not support this printer any more. Not even sure if Sawgrass still makes the white ink for this printer either. You might want to look at another dtg printer at the upcoming NBM Indy Show (The NBM Show |) this week.

Good luck with your research.

Mark
Thanks Mark.
I own a 2009 sawgrass DA 1.5iw (white ink with precision printing) firmware version 6.6.5, PowerRip 7.4.4N , but never been used. It got cleaning solution cartridges in it.
I just wanted to be touch with people who experienced with this printer before I start using it. Nobody is talking about it in this forum and if you google it, almost nothing will come up. It has been removed from Sawgrass website, Signwarehouse, Barudan, Digital Art Solution etc... wondering what's reallty happened...

· Registered
4,624 Posts
Well, the last company selling the Direct Advantage was Digital Art Solutions, but they refused to sell the white ink version because of the patent issues with Kornit. They might be able to help you out if you just want to run it Dual CMYK as they sell the Sawgrass CMYK ink only - no white ink. You could talk to them at the show as they will be there.

I know the two main Sawgrass DTG tech guys are now at other companies and am not sure if anyone there has the ability to support it. Bigger issue is whether they are even making the white ink / pretreatment for that printer. Unfortunately, Sawgrass is not exhibiting at the show so you can ask them. Might try and call their tech support # to see what they have to say.

Good luck,

Mark

· Registered
12 Posts
I know this post is ancient, but we were a white ink beta tester for Sawgrass and still have the DA printer... It's for sale along with every accessory made for it and all the little tweaks we came up with... we used the cleaning solution to store it... I'm retired now and trying to sell everything off, just thought I'd at least let the world know that someone was successfully using Sawgrass's white ink... And that we had pretty much worked the majority of the bugs out with 2 visits from factory reps and a ton of homework and experimenting... but it was all new and the RIP was insanely advanced... Anyway, point is you've now heard from one of the few that actually got to use the Sawgrass Direct Advantage with White Ink in all it's glory...

1 - 8 of 8 Posts
This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.