T-Shirt Forums banner
1 - 4 of 4 Posts

· Registered
23 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
Hey everyone!

Somehow my reclaimer has transformed from a light purple to a dark horrid orange in the past week. I tested the reclaimer and it is no good. I'm just wondering how this happened. I called my supplier and she said it could of been from it being so hot here lately(I'm in Louisville and it was 115 last week on the heat index) . All thoughts on why and how this happened is much appreciated as I don't want this to happen again!!

P.S.

I've had the reclaimer in the dip tank for 2 months, and reclaim about 15 screens a week.

Attachments

· Registered
2,941 Posts
Hmmm, could be the heat, I guess. But the thing I think of is cross contamination.
When you get the ink out of your screens, I'm assuming that you are then spraying with an ink release spray(screen wash) and wiping out the ink residue. Are you then shooting them with water to get rid of the chemical residue ?
If not, that would contaminate your dip tank.

· Registered
23 Posts
Discussion Starter · #3 ·
OK, I know the screens are clean before theyre dipped into the tank, so it must be the heat. My only concern is leaving it over the weekends with the lid on. Maybe i could leave it cracked for ventilation? Any thoughts?

· Registered
2,941 Posts
If you do leave the top off, yes, it may help temp-wise, but you'll most likely also have more evaporation. Just be sure to add water if you do. If you add too high a concentration of the chemical, you'll have a whole other problem. I think it was on this site that someone had too high a chem concentration and their dip tank itself failed !
yikes, right?

1 - 4 of 4 Posts
This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.