T-Shirt Forums banner

1 - 5 of 5 Posts

·
Registered
34 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
I bought a hca 1501 happy embroidery machine that needed repaired and got it up and running like a champ (finally)....I am completely new to embroidery and have been sending files off to get digitized with great success.....

my question is, what do I need so I can embroider a guys name on his shirt...i know you surely don't have to have the high end software or send that off to be digitized...do you??????

thanks!

·
Registered
299 Posts
Lettering is not that hard but bear in mind that the program had digitized the letters to a certain size if you increase or decrease the size you will have to make adjustments in the underlay and density or the letters will not look good.

·
Registered
1,964 Posts
Lettering is not that hard but bear in mind that the program had digitized the letters to a certain size if you increase or decrease the size you will have to make adjustments in the underlay and density or the letters will not look good.
I wouldn't even resize them. I only use the letters in the size offered, but most of them are available in a variety of sizes so it usually isn't a problem.

·
Registered
91 Posts
There are also programs, at very affordable prices, that you can buy. These programs allow you to take already digitized designs and alter them. (add text, add other elements, etc)

Most already digitized designs allow for a 10-15% size increase or decrease without compromising design integrity. The digitizer's usually build this into the design.

The program I use has a font program that will use any TTF I have installed on my computer and allow me to use it as an embroidered font. It adjusts the pull compensation, density, etc. to the set size I request.

When all was said and done, I believe I paid, just a little over $200 for the programs and additional add-ons. That was 2 years ago. But I couldn't live without this program. I do tons of logos with text added, so it has paid for itself.

PM me for the website and any questions.....:D

1 - 5 of 5 Posts