T-Shirt Forums banner

1 - 3 of 3 Posts

·
Registered
17 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Hi I am new to the whole copywrite issue as far as digitizing clip art. I found a clip art picture of the cancer awareness ribbon. I have seen a lot of embroidery patterns of this design. Are they all copywrited or is the design royalty free and anyone can digitze it? If I digitze it, should I copywrite it also. Looking to do shirts and bags with wording for differnt events.

·
Administrator
14,491 Posts
You can't copyright someone else's design.

If you are doing official merchandise for one of the organization's event, they will give you permission to use. Otherwise, contact the Susan G. Komen Foundation for permission. If your venture is for the cause, they will probably give you permission. However, since they operate their own pink ribbon store, they will probably not give you permission if you are doing this as a profit venture.

·
Registered
5,275 Posts
Here is a site with the ribbons already digitzied.. every one is from a different company but it explains what you can or can not do with the logo

Stock Designs Search Results :: EmbroideryDesigns.com

Here is an example of what they say about the design :

By licensing these designs you agree to these terms:
This design is copyright protected by Grand Slam Designs and may not be distributed, altered or unaltered in any format outside of embroiderydesigns.com or directly from Grand Slam Designs. Items with this design sewn onto the product may be sold commercially with limitation. You must have written consent to mass market items using this design. Grand Slam Designs will not be held liable for any monetary losses or consequential damages as a result of using this design.

1 - 3 of 3 Posts