T-Shirt Forums banner

1 - 5 of 5 Posts

·
Registered
43 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Hello peeps,

I got a customer asking for custom-made ribbed tank-tops. Since the graphics will involve
several colours and - to an extent - stretchy garments, we both are considering
the use of digital printed heat transfers. Screen printing is not an option in this
case due to the quantities involved.

I've got 2 sample done:
- 1 with Forever paper for white/normal garments. After a wash it looks like a
vintage shirt - that's not the effect we're trying to achieve....
- 1 with Forever Dark paper on a dark shirt. I haven't washed it yet. Has
anyone tried/tested/washed it?

My customer is already selling some strappy tops with some sort of heat transfer print, which has a nice & soft rubbery feel to it and she's happy with it.

Bearing in mind all of the above and that we're based in Italy, which transfer paper would you suggest?

All suggestions welcome

Have a lovely week,

Marco

·
Registered
43 Posts
Discussion Starter #3
Hi Byron,

I get it's Classic, since it's been printed on a Xerox 7750 Phaser and since that
was what I asked for originally. Then again I didn't print it neither press it myself, so....

Have you tried it yourself? If so, what were/are the results?

·
Registered
3,218 Posts
Actually, the Xerox 7750 being a "non-silicon oil" CLC is not recommended to print on the Classic. You can use the Classic+Universal, or the 5Star Universal. I have tested the 3 papers on my Canon CLC 1110 and have gotten good results. Some little fading on the first wash for me are acceptable, (although I can't say that you should feel the same). maybe you can play around and use the heavy, extra heavy paper settings when printing, and also increase your temperature, dwell time and pressure till you get some acceptable results. Some tricks on stretching the garments before and after pressing might help also. Forever Germany makes good products IMHO, so that it's safe to say you'll get the same "imperfections" when using equivalent products with the same process. I have also tried Neena papers Photo-Trans Plus, and Photo-Trans Plus SC, and Imprintables Premium CLC papers. I also got good acceptable results. Lastly, the forever dark laser is also one of the best.

·
Registered
43 Posts
Discussion Starter #5
Actually, the Xerox 7750 being a "non-silicon oil" CLC is not recommended to print on the Classic. You can use the Classic+Universal, or the 5Star Universal. I have tested the 3 papers on my Canon CLC 1110 and have gotten good results. Some little fading on the first wash for me are acceptable, (although I can't say that you should feel the same). maybe you can play around and use the heavy, extra heavy paper settings when printing, and also increase your temperature, dwell time and pressure till you get some acceptable results. Some tricks on stretching the garments before and after pressing might help also. Forever Germany makes good products IMHO, so that it's safe to say you'll get the same "imperfections" when using equivalent products with the same process. I have also tried Neena papers Photo-Trans Plus, and Photo-Trans Plus SC, and Imprintables Premium CLC papers. I also got good acceptable results. Lastly, the forever dark laser is also one of the best.
Thanks Byron for your in-depth answer!

I will give it a shot tomorrow, since my supplier left some spares of all the
Forever papers... I was actually thinking to use the forever dark laser on
the light-coloured garments as well...

Will post results after a wash ;-)

Thanks again!

1 - 5 of 5 Posts