T-Shirt Forums banner
1 - 5 of 5 Posts

· Registered
90 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
Hello Owners of Digital Factory and Epson 2000 :)
I have bought that rip but it's a bit difficult to know which queue is the best.
So i try to create my mine mostly for big white area and colors on red shirt for example.
The problem is that the black don't hold in washing ... I must put about 60 % of white under black. The second problem is that i want only one pass white. I use 1400x1400 for the white with 70 % density but the colors are not good.
So i have created a color pass wich is the same as level 2 in garment creator (i have pick the settings in white shirt queue). If i don't do that i have little points in colors and it's not so good as GC can do.
Can you tell me please what kind of setting you use because my white cartridges let me do about 100 t-shirts and it's very expensive. In my shop in have often order of about 20 same design so i'am oblige to reduce my prices in fonction of the quantities ...
If you have a little more time, can you give me your setting for white shirt in ONE pass wich hold to the washing machine. I have bought image armor light. The prints are vibrant but realy not so good after on wash ...

one more time, sorry for my english :)

· Registered
1,526 Posts
I have found that half the time lack of coverage for the white pass is a pre-treatment problem. You have not indicated what method that you are using so that is my guess.

I have a Speed Treater from EZ and I also use DF. I get amazing results using 80% white and 35% white under black and the rest at default settings. The black hold up nice in the wash and my white look brilliant with a one pass print.

· Registered
90 Posts
Discussion Starter · #3 ·
Hello Mister Gator :)
Yes i use about the same settings in black best queue with 1400X1400 resolution for the white and about 70% density.

It's for the colors that come on top that i have problem in default settings. I need to put better resolution when i have GRAPHIC design (not photo). I have a very good machine for pretreatment and moste the time i put rather a little more pretreatment but not too much.

With DFA, the single pass is wonderfull but attention, 30 % white under black for me doesn't hold washing well (epson pretreatment dilution 1/1).

· Registered
90 Posts
Discussion Starter · #5 ·
I would suggest bumping up the % under black until you find what works for you. I sometimes run 50% under black with no problems at all.
Thanks Geno. I have done that and it's really better than default settings.
An other question if you have time : when i print colors on white and don't change settings, i have little dot like halftone in screen printing. If i change the colors in 8 or 10 passes if i remember, i have good colors. Is it normal that the default settings seems to be a little poor in colors under white or it's like that and i have to change my queue.
For exemple, i have much better colors in garment creator but ... as you have already said in your previous post, garment creator let a poor first white pass.

So i try to learn and print all my design with DFA and they are not the same ...

Thanks a lot.

1 - 5 of 5 Posts
This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.