T-Shirt Forums banner

1 - 5 of 5 Posts

·
Registered
58 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Hi,

I just made a 2 colour design with Digi-Cut vinyl (Vivid red and white). Long story short someone decided to be sweet and do the laundry so, the shirt was thrown in the wash and dryer after. Now I did not see the shirt after the wash but it was washed in cold so I assume it was fine. I saw the shirt after it came out of the very hot dryer and the outcome was not so good. The red shriveled up a tiny bit but, still wearable. The white on the other hand, shriveled up a huge amount!!!! Has anyone else has this issue? I guess it is safe to assume that Digi-Cut is not dryer friendly?

·
Registered
963 Posts
I have only used digi-cut once and did not have any issues. The shirt shrank a bit after repeated washings but the transfer was fine. It was on a beige shirt so I am sure it was washed cold but the dryer is always on high as I never change it.

·
Registered
58 Posts
Discussion Starter #3
interesting. I wonder what did it then? Mabey it was just that vinyl, cause like i said the red shrank a bit but, not nearly as bad as the white did.

·
Registered
1,959 Posts
What happens to thin films on 100% Cotton or sometimes 50/50 is that when the Cotton shrinks, the film takes on a wrinkled appearance. This is due to the fact that the film cannot shrink and is responding to the fabric.

You can try pre-shrunk Cotton, or use thicker film.

·
Registered
58 Posts
Discussion Starter #5
Well that must be what happened. I though the shirt I had was pre-shrunk, I was wrong. lol So since the design is about 4 x 7" when the fabric shrunk, the design did not and there for Harley Quinn now looks like a shriveled up old woman. lol Oh well now I know, even if i think it has been shrunk, wash it anyways to make 100% sure.

Thanks everyone

1 - 5 of 5 Posts