T-Shirt Forums banner
1 - 2 of 2 Posts

·
Registered
1,555 Posts
I have a very simple pricing policy Teresa. I have my prices openly displayed and stick rigidly to them. The prices are totally transparent and there for all to see. Nobody ends up paying more than anyone else does.

If someone wants a discount, they can shut the door behind them on the way out. I have no intention of being the busy fool that lets others dictate my prices, nor do I have any intention of slogging away for little money. That's not what I went into business for.

I get my repeat customers by offering quality goods and providing great customer service. I wouldn't want it any other way.

·
Registered
1,555 Posts
Any tips on a civil way to tell your customers that will create an impact on them to realize that their demands are impossible?

Do you have a famous line to your customers that challenges them and made them buy your product on the price you set? Car dealers are good at these, but with regards to t-shirt printing entrepreneurs, what do you say to them?
You could leave a baseball bat on your counter, with the words 'don't ask for a discount' printed on it. :) A more sedate approach would be a big banner saying 'the price you see, is the price you pay - no hidden extras'.

Once you get a repuation as a 'soft touch' Teresa, you'll find everyone will come in demanding a discount. You only charged my friend $8.00 and you're trying to charge me $10.00 is the endless dialogue you would get. People will tell their friends not to pay the prices you ask, as you'll always go cheaper. Go down that route and you eventually wouldn't have a business to worry about.

1 - 2 of 2 Posts
This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.