T-Shirt Forums banner
1 - 5 of 5 Posts

· Registered
53 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
I have a 2 color design (not layered) using thermoflex plus Stah'ls fashion film. they have different temps and dwell times. My thought is that I will run the first press and change temp then cover the design for the second press. Is that doable?

Mike

· Registered
15 Posts
Hello Southpaw52,

If I remember correctly the recommended method is to tack the first color down with a 2 second press, hot peel the carrier, repeat as necessary, then apply the final color and press for the full duration. This is said to prevent shrinkage of the lower layers that might impact on the positioning of the final layer. Also this prevents exposing the first layer to multiple full application temps and times. If you are using the Stahl's vinyl I would contact them at their support number and ask for clarification. It seems to me that in the videos they indicated that most of the various cad cut films could be overlaid.

I believe I received an email that the web site would be down today for an upgrade but perhaps you can look and call them tomorrow.

Thank You
Ed

· Registered
1,435 Posts
Believe Stahls usually recommends:
Tack apply the lower temp material (press for 2-4 seconds, peel clear tape), put higher temp/time material on then press for the duration on the higher temp material with a sheet overtop of the lower.

You can forego this if your design is spaced far enough and trimmed enough that you can fit both materials on and just press for the duration of the higher temp/time material.

1 - 5 of 5 Posts
This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.